Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:19 AM   #1
sukhayogi
Registered Users

My Mood:
Truly spill-proof sippy? Does one exist?

Title says it all, I am on the hunt!

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Truly spill-proof sippy? Does one exist?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
We love these and DD can't make them leak, even when she throws them. The shorter ones with the handles work great, too
Old 03-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #3
Monzie
Registered Users

My kiddo hasn't gotten the hang of regular sippies so we use straw cups instead. We have several of these BPA-free cups from Nuby and they have never leaked. They are a little trickier to drink from because they have a "bite valve" straw. But they are great if you are trying to keep your kid from guzzling an entire cup of juice in 2.5 seconds, kwim?
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #4
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm just going to say no lol Dd2 figured out how to make every single 'spill proof' cup leak. It took her a total of 5mins to figure out that if she held the Nuby cups upside down and squeezed the spourt it would pour out like a river. And any cup with a 'stopper' were doomed as well lol She'd bang it on the table/floor/whatever one hard whack to dislodge it and then pour the contents out. Straw cups where a little better. Every straw cup I tried leaked but dd2 couldnt make such a big mess with them. At least with straw cups I had a sec or 2 to get to her and in that amount of time they didnt make nearly the mess sippies did. Although at 18mos I tossed them all because I was sick of the mess. For some reason she does so! much better with a reg cup. Go figure lol

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #5
SarahOxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchienurse View Post
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
We love these and DD can't make them leak, even when she throws them. The shorter ones with the handles work great, too
I have ones like these... no joke. They might be a different brand but they leak like crazy!!! If you don't have a biter or chewer maybe you can get away with these. But my ds has 3 and they all leak bad. I might have to see if they are the same namebrand and if not maybe try these. This is the only kind DS will drink out of.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:22 AM   #6
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Every sippy we have eventually ends up leaking - we have a few that worked great for a couple of months and then started leaking. The best thing we've ever gotten were some leak-proof water bottles at walmart last summer. We've had those a year and they never leak and only cost $1. We only have 2 of them and wish we had more. So we're keeping an eye on walmart to see if they'll make them again this summer. (they were in the summer dishes area)
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #7
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes and no. We finally bought a handful of the Green Sprouts sippy cups which have a spout that flips down when they aren't drinking out of it. And in that position they truly HAVE been spill-proof for us. But they don't have a valve so when the spout is up, it'll come out. But that's the only type my DD will take, and I really like them and take it as an opportunity to *try* to teach her not to throw or bang her cup.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
woodlandnymph
Registered Users
seller

I am probably going to try the Green Sprouts sippy, they're on sale for $3 and some change on our co-op specials this month. I have a safe sippy, but dd can't figure that one out and flat out refuses to drink from a hard spout yet, even if she has. I've decided to put that off for a while because she's still just turning a year old. I got one of those straw ones that flip closed, but she figured out how fun it is to suck a little and then flip it out of her mouth...showering her parents and the people behind us at church.
The BPA free Munchkins sippy has worked well for us, but I worry what else it has in it. I would really like to try a Foogo or something stainless steel, but dd is majorly into the "dropping things and saying uh-oh" stage.
woodlandnymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

The color change ones from Gerber!!! We have used them for over a year now and never had a leak from one! DD goes to bed with a sippy of water every night and it stays in her bed with her - never a leak. I love them and after trying 928348732845743 different kinds of sippy cups, I'll never ever waste my money or time on another kind. Ever. Can't say enough good things about em!

Oooh and I want to add that DD chews on the spout like no one's business - still never leaked.

Last edited by Kiliki; 04-03-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #10
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I HATE the nuby cups. DD can get the straw cups and the regular ones to pour floods everywhere. And when you throw the regular ones off the high chair, the tops come off. &*()&*%^*&(^

The best I found were the Gerber white plastic ones. But don't boil them...I killed mine when I boiled them and they haven't been the same since.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote