Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
andrea0324
Registered Users

My Mood:
Nap HELP!!

Background:
ODD has been a binky girl since birth. She's also been a good sleeper--has always fallen asleep on her own in her own bed. She turned 3 at the end of Feb and after LOTS of prep, the binky fairy visited last Friday and took her binks to new babies. She cried some the first night, but nothing major. She had trouble settling down on Sat & Sun for naps, but did eventually take one each day--shorter than usual, but I expected that.

Present:
On Monday at MILs (I work full time) she conned Gma into laying down with her, so she napped. On Tuesday at MILs she napped a little bit, woke up screaming and napped on Gma's lap the rest of the time. Yesterday MIL said no to laying down with her and rocking her to sleep and she refused to nap. Same deal today.

She is NOT ready to give it up--until the bink was gone she was napping 2+ hours a day and sleeping 10-11 hours at night. Night time at home is going pretty smoothly--it's taking her longer to fall asleep as she learns a new self-soothing method, but that's to be expected.

Soooooo...advice on how to help me help Gma get her to nap? I'm thinking of a wrapped little gift (a pair of pretty socks from the $store) for her to open AFTER she naps tomorrow. I just want to nip this habit in the bud!

Advertisement

I blog! Stop on by! www.northernlightsmama.blogspot.com
andrea0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
shrijnana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nap HELP!!

Does she have another 'nap buddy' like a doll or stuffed bear she can have with her? Soothing music/book on tape to listen to? Sorry, can't think of anything else. Good luck! I agree, naps are very important.