Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #1
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Birth control and nursing

Hi all! Just a question. I really want to get myself back on birth control and I planned on starting the ring when I stopped breastfeeding. The problem is that I want to start it now and we're not through nursing. He's 15 months and I feel like he still needs the comfort so I don't want to cut him off just yet.

The doc said it may dry up my milk supply. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm wondering if I can use it and still keep my supply up somehow.

The minipill is out of the question. I'm very sensitive to BC and the ring is the only form I found to work for me without a whole bunch of side effects.

Experiences with this?

Advertisement

momovthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #2
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:
Re: Birth control and nursing

Fugghetabout it Michelle! Have another baby with me!!! We can be preggo buddies!!
The ring made my supply drop but it was before it was established (my milk supply, that is), so I guess I can't help much. However, the good thing about the ring was that when my supply dipped, I just pulled the booger out and it went back to normal. So there's always that option. GL!!
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #3
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysMama View Post
Fugghetabout it Michelle! Have another baby with me!!! We can be preggo buddies!!
The ring made my supply drop but it was before it was established (my milk supply, that is), so I guess I can't help much. However, the good thing about the ring was that when my supply dipped, I just pulled the booger out and it went back to normal. So there's always that option. GL!!
True, I could try it and if I find there is a supply issue, just take it out!

Oh and sorry, no preggo buddy this time. Maybe your next go around I'll join you.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momovthree View Post
True, I could try it and if I find there is a supply issue, just take it out!

Oh and sorry, no preggo buddy this time. Maybe your next go around I'll join you.
*cough* Next go around? *cough*
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:35 PM   #5
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

You could consider the mini pill. That is supposed to be OK to take while nursing. It des affect some people's supply, but it's OK for most. I'd suggest still using condoms with it though since it's not as effective as the regular pill.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:59 PM   #6
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

She already said the minipill was out of the question.
I would give the nuvaring a try anyway. We're not using anything, LOL so I have no advice.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #7
tarah1218
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momovthree View Post
The minipill is out of the question. I'm very sensitive to BC and the ring is the only form I found to work for me without a whole bunch of side effects.
I am just like you are with BC, the only thing that has worked for me and I was one of the orignal testers of this BC before they introduced it into the market and I was only in middle school, a long time ago! I love it! Are there things you can do to try to keep up milk supply like pump and breasfeed? What about some pills or teas? I say just try and if it doesn't work than do NFP, if possible, using an ovulation tests....I am sorry I don't have more to offer.

Oh dang, I just realized I made is sound as if I was a slut in middle school! Hahaha, I had my period since the 4th grade and it was always 40 days long with 5-7 days off so I was put on every hormone therapy and BC pill you can ever think of and it was the only thing to get my cycles back to normal and now I can go without BC and have a normal cycle for the first time!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #8
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmomy2dom View Post
She already said the minipill was out of the question.
I would give the nuvaring a try anyway. We're not using anything, LOL so I have no advice.
LOL That's our current method of birth control as well.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #9
momovthree
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarah1218 View Post
I am just like you are with BC, the only thing that has worked for me and I was one of the orignal testers of this BC before they introduced it into the market and I was only in middle school, a long time ago! I love it! Are there things you can do to try to keep up milk supply like pump and breasfeed? What about some pills or teas? I say just try and if it doesn't work than do NFP, if possible, using an ovulation tests....I am sorry I don't have more to offer.

Oh dang, I just realized I made is sound as if I was a slut in middle school! Hahaha, I had my period since the 4th grade and it was always 40 days long with 5-7 days off so I was put on every hormone therapy and BC pill you can ever think of and it was the only thing to get my cycles back to normal and now I can go without BC and have a normal cycle for the first time!!!
I didn't think you were a slut! A lot of girls do the BC thing to even out their cycle so I just assumed that! Hehe

I think I'll try it and do the things that are supposed to boost supply. I think oatmeal is one of them. Thanks for your input!!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:39 AM   #10
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you thought about NFP? I think dirtdartwife could fill you in more than me, we pull out when we do it.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote