Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I know it should not bother me still...but it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teffer View Post
Come to our church - we have a large group of women who regularly nurse whereever we are (LOL - I nursed in the FRONT pew), whenever our babies are hungry and at whatever age they are! Yes that's right, we nurse toddlers in PUBLIC! You are invited whenever you want to come by!
That would be wonderful!!!

I openly nurse in public all the time, the park, the beach, the mall. I nursed both kids tills they were 18 months and nursed in public that whole time.

Church is the only place I have become shy of it. I know it should be the one place I feel secure and comforted. Its a horrible feeling and I do not know how to let it go.

I had been going to that church since I was a young girl, that man had been my pastor for years, he was the one that did my wedding, dedicated my son and I thought I could trust him. It totally affected the trust I have in pastors and I want to let it go.

It did not affect my trust in God, I am a strong christian and I know God is not the one who hurt me, I know God would never want someone to be hurt that way and I know God designed breastfeeding and its been glorified in the bible.

Advertisement

whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #12
LanesMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I am sooo sorry that happened to you! I nursed my ds right in our pastor's office during baptism meetings (used a hooter hider...) but he had absolutely no problems... in fact he talked to me about his wife nursing their children til they were 3... I did it anywhere I felt like- the park, the airport, the grocery store, on a hike at Copper Falls State Park... I don't know WHAT is more natural than that! Shame on those people! Love the picture by the way!!!!! Big hugs!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #13
Prairiemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So sorry that happened to you! Maybe you should talk to your new pastor and tell him what happened to you. It could help you get some trust back, just a thought. Love the pic, it's beautiful.
and Char (03-27-1994)
Prairiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #14
baby_number_2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lovely pic mama. glad you found a new church but don't go slinking away cause your afraid, do whats natural. If its a meant to be place for you they will openly accept you.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #15
mama2riaan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had a similar situation happen I was nursing in a service with a sling on you couldnt see anything and we were actually asked to go out to do that because they have a room setup for nursing mothers with a tv . I was mad made a scene and well havent been back to church ! I think if you really like this church you should talk to pastor and see what he has to say .
Old 03-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #16
RWMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's a beautiful pic mama!
RWMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #17
JollyHolly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW. Using your body for what God made it for- A SIN???????? Simply mystifying....

I'm glad you found a church you love. If you are afraid of the same thing happening again, maybe you should look around to see if you can find other nursing mothers in the service? Or maybe ask some of the deacons what the church's stance on NIP is? If they arent supportive, then you still have enough time to keep looking for a more accepting church.

I'm so sorry. Jesus would be ashamed. What a beautiful picture!
Old 03-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #18
toree911
Registered Users

My Mood:

GASP! This kind of behavior is what gives religious people a bad name!! I'm so mad right now!! I was at Texas Roadhouse nursing, covered even, and the manager came up and asked me to "do that" in the bathroom, and I stood up and loundly said, "NO! Everyone else can go eat THEIR food on the crapper!"

My hubby was so embarrased by my lack of tact, but he stood up for me and we left right then, and didnt pay! Luckily we had already eaten!

It's a gorgeous picture, thats a sweet baby, he's so content and comforted by his mama and the miracle of bonding during breastfeeding. <3

Anything I write is only my opinion and my research from personal life experiences, and possibly completely wrong for you.
toree911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:04 AM   #19
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

mama, that is such a precious photo and you are so beautiful. don't let anyone make you feel bad about that picture. that is a photo of the most selfless thing in the world. feeding a baby from your own body.
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:04 AM   #20
judeebee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I haven't started nursing yet, I'm expecting our first right now. But where I'm going to feel comfortable nursing is something I've started to think about.
I'm sorry that you had to go through that experience. Does your church has a mothers nursing lounge? I can understand a little if they were asking you to use the lounge. But it doesn't sound like that's what they were asking you to do. What to they expect you to do? Nursing is natural and beautiful. Although I have been around a few women who nurse in public and they don't cover up much. As long as you cover up while around lots of other people.
I hope you find a congregation that you can feel comfortable in.
judeebee is offline   Reply With Quote