Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:22 AM   #21
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I know it should not bother me still...but it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyHolly View Post
WOW. Using your body for what God made it for- A SIN???????? Simply mystifying....

I'm glad you found a church you love. If you are afraid of the same thing happening again, maybe you should look around to see if you can find other nursing mothers in the service? Or maybe ask some of the deacons what the church's stance on NIP is? If they arent supportive, then you still have enough time to keep looking for a more accepting church.

I'm so sorry. Jesus would be ashamed. What a beautiful picture!

This is exactly what I was going to say. Talk to someone while you are still pregnant to get a feel for what they expect. If it's not acceptable to you, then you still have time to look around for a new church. Maybe find some other mother's of young children and ask they how they handled it and what the reaction of the leadership and church body was. That way, when the time comes, you already have a plan in action and know what to expect. I'm so sorry that happened to you. I would continue to bother me too.

Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #22
flynnsmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

That is a beautiful picture! Very loving. I am so glad you stood up for yourself against a religious establishment that was uptight about you feeding your child in a loving way. God gave us the ability to breastfeed! We are mammals of course. It makes me angry thinking about your pastor confronting a mama like that!
flynnsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #23
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:

Sooo sorry mama! That is just wrong. I LOVE YOUR PICTURE! It's absolutely beautiful!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #24
Husky359
Registered Users

I think your picture is great, too - and you can't even see anything, so what the heck??
Husky359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #25
mckellie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneywalters View Post
That would be wonderful!!!
Church is the only place I have become shy of it. I know it should be the one place I feel secure and comforted. Its a horrible feeling and I do not know how to let it go.

I had been going to that church since I was a young girl, that man had been my pastor for years, he was the one that did my wedding, dedicated my son and I thought I could trust him. It totally affected the trust I have in pastors and I want to let it go.

It did not affect my trust in God, I am a strong christian and I know God is not the one who hurt me, I know God would never want someone to be hurt that way and I know God designed breastfeeding and its been glorified in the bible.
I agree with everyone else - it is a beautiful photograph! It made me so sad/disappointed to hear how your pastor handled your nursing, and I love the comment someone made that Jesus himself, of course, was breastfed! I hope you're finding a church you can feel comfortable and supported in! (And I'm so glad that after all that you can still write the last paragraph you did above!).
mckellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #26
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What happend to the scripture in Matthew where you approach your brother (or sister) with ONE other witness first if you are offended by something they have done... THEN if the matter is not settled take it before the church? That Pastor was waaaay out of line.
I had a similar situation with my Pastor only we exchange emails about it and I was able to back up my every action with scripture easily that way and was never publicly humilated as your were. That is just awful and so unGodly of them.
My Pastor (and his wife) are still not comfortable themselves with breastfeeding in public, but they know a different and a very scriptural side of it now that they never knew before our emails. Because it was not a part of their lives and not something they knew much about they did not understand why it couldn't just be "done at home" or on a schedule like "other babies" until I explained to them the way God designed for it to be!
I hope you are able to find a supportive church. You can always come to mine... the Pastor will not be comfortable with it... but he is at least knowledgeable now and you'd have a NIP support buddy there :wink:
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:28 AM   #27
proudmama4
Registered Users
Formerly: jke**y
seller

My Mood:

If I lived near you, I would go attend this church and sit in the front row, and nurse my 14 month old!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #28
bjaneen
Banned

My Mood:

I would talk with your new pastor about what happened to you. I nurse my 10 mo old during service every single Sunday. We're there from 8:15-12:15 because I teach Sunday School and am involved in a lot of "extras" the church does so we attend 2 services + Sunday School each week. I don't have a choice but to nurse her. The only thing that has been said is asking (nicely, in a genuinely wanting to know manner) how long you are supposed to nurse. My pastor is male and I'm very close with his AA so I mentioned that I hoped it didn't make him uncomfortable and she acted like that was ridiculous. THAT is how all churches should be.
bjaneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #29
KaelsLiz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That'd pee me off. Since when did nursing=****?

I would sit down and talk to your new pastor. Maybe by unburdering yourself to him you will find a new peace. Huge hugs mama.
KaelsLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #30
amandabarugh
Registered Users
seller

That is horrible! How do they think that Christ was fed? (((hugs))) momma! Your pic is super sweet!
amandabarugh is offline   Reply With Quote