Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:46 AM   #1
epernat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm not alone?

I just wanted to say hi! I am so happy to see this group! I have four kids ages 6yrs-3mo. There are only about 4-5 families that I know of that have as many kids as I do and I feel so alone! It's hard for me to relate when someone has one child and complains about having no time! I love having a "large" family (I don't really feel that four is all that large though). I am never bored and usually there is someone to hug! Another perk to having so many kids is that I am turning 30 on tuesday and I honestly don't care! I thought I might, but I passed the "cool" stage after number three, so now I am happy with how I am! Anyway, I just feel glad that now I can talk to other people who are going through or have gone through the same things I am! Yay!

Advertisement

epernat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
sunnygirlmomof6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm not alone?

I know how you feel! I recenlty started homeschooling my oldest, and when she was in public school, I was the weird mom out at any school function. Most public school moms have 2 kids, and go back to work, so I was a freak. When we joined our homeschool group, most of the families are 4 or more. I came home from the first meeting and told my husband......"I have foudnd my people!!!"
And, I do hate it when a mom of 1 or 2 complains aobut how hard her life is. boo hoo!! LOL I also get pretty irratated when I show up on time and those with only 1 or 2 are late. I feel that if I can get all four of mine there on time, surely they can handle their 2! Maybe that's the hormones talking.
sunnygirlmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
twinsintennesseeforme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the encouragement. I have infant twins and want more children. People's first response to my current family is "you got it all over at once". What is so magical about 2 kids, I do not know. I heard on the radio that it takes each family having 2.1 children for the population to replace itself. I guess we are preserving the future, mathematically speaking for those 1 and 2 child families.
twinsintennesseeforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
mummyto3girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have three (all girls). We're hopefully going to TTC #4 next year, early spring (shooting for a boy, but it'll probably be a girl lol). We both grew up in families with four kids apiece (I have a lot of step siblings on top of that too!) so we like big families.
mummyto3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:

nope not alone. I have yet to meet another family IRL as large as mine.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #6
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome. Yeah, I think generally if you have 3 or more kids people consider that a large family.