Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #31
Registered Users
Re: When did you leave your kids...

My church also starts nursery at 18 months. For awhile, I went with our son as he didn't want me to leave. Then one day he said, aren't you going to class? My daughter is now almost 19 months and is going fine. They do bring them to you if they cry and I go check on her a couple times while she's there. If I notice other kids with lots of boogers or hacking, she stays with me.

Mommy to RJ, Donna, and Mackenzie
tresal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 02:14 AM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: When did you leave your kids...

Well Tobias is only 3 months old but I certainly won't be leaving him for a long long time. And that's with knowing the people. If it were strangers it would be even harder.

I am always worried about him crying in the sanctuary during the service (which he's only done once, and he's been at church since he was 11 days old). Tim, one of our ministers was over on Tuesday and he really put me at ease. Told me that in his mind there isn't a place for children, rather every place their parents are comfortable bringing them is the place for children and church should never be an exception. He told me also that his son (due in February) will not be in the nursery, but rather in his mothers arms with his family where he belongs.

Don't feel bad Mama! You are doing what's right for your daughter and your family. That's the best thing to do. Anyone who comments just ignore them and remind them that her place is with you as much as she and you want it to be.
~crunchy AP Mama to Toad (he's 5!) and Frog (he's 3!) and Newt (he's 1!)
triscuitsmom is offline   Reply With Quote