Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
Jeb-O
Registered Users

6 month old twins and new to CDing!

Just wanted to say hi, I am new to the board. My name is Jessica and I have 6 month old twin boys and I am just starting to work on my CD stash!! Any suggestions are appreciated! I looked forward to getting to know you all.

Advertisement

Jeb-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
esaesa
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: 6 month old twins and new to CDing!

congrats on your boys! id or frat?

I'd figure about 20 dipes per day per ds, providing that you are washing every day. Try a few kinds of diapers to see what you and your dp like. Pockets are convienent (sp), but I don't like stuffing - I hate stuffing, actually. So after trying a bit of this and that, we use all pfs, have just 4 pockets to use at night, and have a few fitteds to use in the afternoon when I am sick of changing dipes. Try a few covers also. My dd and ds are different sizes and I need something with a wider leg for dd.

There is a thread a little bit down about cd-ing twins. GL!

Last edited by esaesa; 03-18-2009 at 02:08 PM.
esaesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
Jeb-O
Registered Users

Thank you so much! I am trying to read old threads to get an idea of what to look into. I want to try PFs, but have to admit they are a little scary IMO. lol
Old 03-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
naykeewabbits
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have twins and have been cloth diapering since they were newborn. Didn't find a good fit until they were about 6 weeks but we use all pocket diapers. Easy to wash and dry and they keep babies butt dry so if you can't get to them as soon as they pee ( and in all likelyhood you will be rather busy)they are fine. We have about 45 diapers we keep in rotation plus some extras if we are slacking on laundry. That gets us thru three days. We love it and wouldn't have it any other way! Good luck!!
naykeewabbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
Jeb-O
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by naykeewabbits View Post
I have twins and have been cloth diapering since they were newborn. Didn't find a good fit until they were about 6 weeks but we use all pocket diapers. Easy to wash and dry and they keep babies butt dry so if you can't get to them as soon as they pee ( and in all likelyhood you will be rather busy)they are fine. We have about 45 diapers we keep in rotation plus some extras if we are slacking on laundry. That gets us thru three days. We love it and wouldn't have it any other way! Good luck!!
Do you have a variety of pockets, or do you prefer a bunch of one kind?
Old 03-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Prairiemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Welcome! Have fun and enjoy the madness of DS, lol. I've gone through pretty much every system of diapering and now I am using fitteds and wool and AI2s. I got sick of micrifiber and stuffing. Prefolds I found weren't absorbent enough, pul covers leave marks and sometimes a rash for my kids. I am looking forward to summer and spending lots of time coverless and outside! Hope you enjoy it, CDing is lots of fun but it is also quite a bit of work too. It is definatly worth it.
and Char (03-27-1994)
Prairiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
IheartMy3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Welcome! I am pretty new to the board also, and have 7.5 month old twin boys!

What do you ladies use for overnight? And which pockets do you like? TIA!
IheartMy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
naykeewabbits
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartMy3 View Post
Welcome! I am pretty new to the board also, and have 7.5 month old twin boys!

What do you ladies use for overnight? And which pockets do you like? TIA!
I was using the drybees night time pockets made out of fleece because nothing else contained all the pee but they are bigger and bulkier but they kept them dry. They are 11 months now though and stay dry in their reg pockets now.

I mainly use the wahmies one size..like 30 of them and 10 cloth diaper wholesale and 1 rocky mountain diaper and 2 haute pockets and two baby kangas on the way. I like the variety. I am just starting to experiment... At one point I just had the wahmies and really I like them all alot! The variety in the stack adds excitment in a strange way. Do I want velcro or snaps or hooks.... And then the colors!!!!! Sick I tell you....
naykeewabbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #9
E&Msmom
Registered Users

HI Jeb-O, Think I saw you on the TS forum about the same time I was asking about CDing. My twins are 12 months and we just switched the day after their birthday. We have about 36 diapers now and I start one load everynight before bed.
We are using the Growing Greens OS diapers with Bummis Covers and also the Sposoeasy diapers. Im very happy with what we've invested in. DH is a huge fan of the sposoeasy. He was reluctant to cloth which is why we did it so late, but hes willing with the sposoeasy diapers.
E&Msmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #10
naykeewabbits
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&Msmom View Post
HI Jeb-O, Think I saw you on the TS forum about the same time I was asking about CDing. My twins are 12 months and we just switched the day after their birthday. We have about 36 diapers now and I start one load everynight before bed.
We are using the Growing Greens OS diapers with Bummis Covers and also the Sposoeasy diapers. Im very happy with what we've invested in. DH is a huge fan of the sposoeasy. He was reluctant to cloth which is why we did it so late, but hes willing with the sposoeasy diapers.
I keep hearing about the sposoeasy's... does anyone have a link they could attach?? I will look around on here.