Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Registered Users
Double stroller help

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with double stroller help. Baby #2 is due in August and my daughter will be just over 2 years old. I'm on the fence on getting a double stroller...I'm not sure if I'll really need it or not and the ones I like are so expensive!

I have my eye on the Baby City Mini Double jogger - any suggestions of good places to look? Every place I've looked online seems to sell it for $399.99 - including ebay. I'm also interested in finding a used one, but no luck on Craigslist so far - any other suggestions where I could look?

Or - any other suggestions on a stroller? It needs to be light and easy to use!

kristicat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #2
My Mood:
Re: Double stroller help

I just ordered a Baby trend Sit n Stand. We have only tried it out in the house and at BRU but we love it so far.

Good luck mama. There are so many choices and everyone loves or hates them all for a different reason.
Shannon ~ Wife to Kevin || 08.14.04
Mama to Nikolas Eli || 04.14.07, Kate Elise || 11.06.08,

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
i&a's mama
Registered Users
My Mood:

I don't think there is any double that's light and easy to use. Like the PP said, every stroller has users who love it or hate it. A lot of it depends on what you're using it for, i.e. walking, jogging, strolling around the mall, etc.
Allison, proud WOHM of twin boys
i&a's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I have this one: , and it has served us well for the last 2 years! Just a little under a year after we got it, DH very roughly went over a curb at an awkward angle with the weight of both kids on one of the front wheels, and it, of course, snapped! Luckily I'd kept the small booklet that comes with it, and when I called customer service, they just asked for my address and sent me a new one! No fee, nothing.

Other than that, it's been wonderful. I was able to use DS's carrier with it 'til he got old enough for the seat, and even now if one of them falls asleep in it, I can lay his/her seat back totally flat for rest. The umbrellas on it are also really good sized, so if sun's an issue for you, that's great, too. And, the basket underneath holds a good bit.

GL with the hunt!
Happy christian wife to Jeff & SAHM to Elly (9/05), Austin (4/07), and Jonas (3/22/09)
mdeveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

if i had just one older child and a baby coming, i would get the phil & ted's number. it has a seat that can attach to the back for double occupancy. i have their etwin stroller and LOVE it. very easy to drive, etc.

Mama to my amazing 8: 9, 7, 6, 4, 4 2, 2, AND Newbie, born 5/30/11- last 6 all born at home. Loving the babymoon!
mammaof?? is offline   Reply With Quote