Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2009, 11:40 AM   #21
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Re: Who here has never had a major problem?

Your post was hilarious and I think the same thing at times. I just dunk the dirties in the toilet(waiting for my sprayer to come), wash every few days by using a cold rinse, warm wash with purex F&C, extra rinse, dry on high heat. I use 2 capfuls of bleach about once every 2-3 weeks as needed. We have had no major problems.

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #22
SarahLee318
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i spray off poop, dry pail, wash every other day. i use he fl w/ half scoop CS, ecover, one xtra rinse, into the dryer, fold, repeat...simple. never had to strip.

Follow me on Facebook to see my latest creations!
SarahLee318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:46 AM   #23
2sunshines
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been cd'ing since 2001 and have never had a big issue. Simple wash routine. That's why I love cloth diapers.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #24
lashon20
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Only problem I was having was with Tide. It took me months and someone else posting a complaint about Tide for me to realize that's what was wrong with my diapers. Tide was causing so much build up in my diapers. Ever since I switched to purex I haven't had any of those problems. Hilarious post by the way.

Last edited by lashon20; 03-19-2009 at 11:52 AM.
lashon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #25
JMBaby
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good to know there are more mamas out there who aren't killing themselves to cloth diaper.

As far as I'm concerned, because my little one is still exclusively breast fed I don't spray or dunk, everything just goes straight into the diaper pail and then into the washer. I do a tap cold Prewash with a few of the water softener pellets to wash out all of the poopies.

Then I put the recommended amount of planet detergent in and a half scoop of Oxi Clean baby. Regular cycle, hot wash with extra rinse and I'm done.

It all goes in the drier and comes out clean on the other side.

If I occasionally have a stain I may or may not sun it but I've found that EBF poopy stains fade over time so I don't obsess about it.

No rashes, no stink, no ammonia smell, no repelling, no build up, nothing but a healthy pink tush and a happy mama and papa!
JMBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #26
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

never had an issue here with stink, rashes or repelling
I pre-rinse, wash with tide, and then rinse again.

thats it.

ETA: all on cold
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #27
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

No problems here, super simple routine. Cotton diapers only, rinse pee and poo out after diaper comes off baby, soak (wet pail) in water and vinegar, wash with homemade detergent, second rinse with a little vinegar. That's it. Nothing stinks because there are no synthetics in my diapers and I rinse everything out right away.

Your post was hilarious by the way and I wonder the same thing when I see stuff like that.

Last edited by GEM Cloth; 03-19-2009 at 11:55 AM.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #28
thinkingahead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never had a problem (or at least nothing that made me change my routine, almost 6 months in)

I have a frontloader, so I chose to stick with cotton prefolds/flats/aios (I have a couple of daytime hemp doublers for the flats). I love flats for night, I feel like they get really get clean!

My routine for 16-20 diapers, every other day, ds is ebf, for a few weeks more anyway:
cold prewash
hot wash, half scoop of country save (the rec amt for a FLer) with extra rinse

dry on hot, hang prefolds if still damp.

Every now and then I feel like a diaper doesn't get clean, it just gets re washed. And we've sunned successfully all winter so I don't worry too much about stains.
thinkingahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #29
jks06457
Registered Users

My Mood:

the only problems i ever had were with motherease diapers (i think due to poly content) and mommy's touch. when i used a simple system i have never had a problem. i honestly think that the more complocated you diapers are the more issues you end up having. we have now banned pockets.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #30
liamtaylorsmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm almost afraid to say it, but not a single issue hear. Using a blend of fitteds, pockets, AIOs, and PFs. All washed together. Don't spray diapers...just plop what I can.

Cold Rinse
Hot/Cold wash with Simply Clean or Crunchy Clean
Warm/Cold wash or rinse
Hang to dry

That's it. Hoping it keeps up for us!