Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2006, 07:58 PM   #11
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many CD?

I haven't bought any yet nut I do agree with you all that it is addictive! My husband is like, "your doing what????" I think it is funny. I was going to ask what the favorites would be for a HEAVY wetter but I noticed that someone else just posted something on the same lines of that. Thanks, for all the advice. I am a cheap momma, not that I want to be, but I have to be, so I can't afford to buy them brand new. I am buying them on here. I think he needs larges. But he seems so small??????

Thanks everyone! Misti

Advertisement

greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:36 PM   #12
mommy2zander
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

by 18 months, our ds was usually only having one bm a day, so we were able to get by with 3-5 dipes in a 24 hour period! We use two sams microfiber (towels surged into) inserts during the day & three at night! That means that we really only need usually 10 dipes for a three day rotation, although it is nice to have a few extra for those occassions when you need them!!

We use a hanging pail, take the inserts out & throw the dipes & inserts in the wet bag (which is actually dry, no water) if the bm is formed, I dump it (this has only happened a few time, ds still bfs alot) in the toilet, otherwise it all goes in the wet bag & into the washer for a cold wash/rinse (most people only do a cold rinse, I like the entire wash), then a hot wash/cold rinse, then the dryer (some people hang dry to lenghthen the life of the pul & the softness of the fleece...

One last suggestion, we bought large fb when the smalls were too small at four months cause I didn't want to waste extra money on mediums we wouldn't need for long... but now I realise I am happier at 2 yrs with mediums!! The large fuzzi bunz are large, thus bulky! Most mediums say up to 25 pounds, but our son is 31 pounds & fits a med better... you might also want to try very baby, i actually like the fit better then fuzzi bunz! & with different makers of them, you can find a great variety of colors, patterns, even embroidery!

hope this helps!! Have fun with cloth!

Last edited by mommy2zander; 05-18-2006 at 08:37 PM.
mommy2zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:41 AM   #13
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmmmm... Maybe I do need to go with a med then... I just want to get dipes now! Impatient

So should I get a large and a med from the same lady and then decide?
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:39 AM   #14
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

If price is an issue there are always Kushies Ultra AIOs. I just got some for DS, they aren't as cute but work. DS has a fleece allergy so FBs didn't work on him and he is a heavy wetter so I also bought doublers to add to the dipes. They even worked overnight and aren't super bulky. I paid $42 for a new pack of 5 (toddler size 22-45lbs) from walmart.com (infant size is even cheaper) and with their site-to-store program I didn't have to pay any shipping charges. I have a single bumgenious on the way that I am excited about, I love the idea that it is a one-size so I can use it on dd or ds, but I will probably fill the rest of my stash with Kushies Ultra simply because of the price.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #15
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenkmt
Hmmmmm... Maybe I do need to go with a med then... I just want to get dipes now! Impatient

So should I get a large and a med from the same lady and then decide?
I would take your son's measurements (waist, thigh, rise) and then compare to the published Fuzzi measurements. Don't go by weight! My son at 30+ lbs was still in mediums! He's now in larges, but with the leg snap on the second largest and waist on the smallest setting. If you can't find measurements for a dipe you are checking out, you can always ask the seller for them. if you are tight on $$, I wouldn't get one of each size, because if he really is a large, you'll have to turn around and sell the medium right away, and you'll probably lose money on it. Just my .
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote