Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
bundeleh
Registered Users
seller

stopped pumping yesterday

Yesterday I stopped pumping (I had been pumping 2x a day at work).

I'm uncomfortable. And a little depressed and sad, even though I feel this is the right thing.

I am decreasing the amount of pumping and nursing in order to get my period back, to try and get pregnant again!

DD is 13 months ... still avid to nurse, but ... I'm aiming to get her down to before bed and for "breakfast." I'd like to stop nursing her when I get home from work because I feel it's interfering with her eating supper (yes, BM is supper but ... )

Just wanted to tell someone. Maybe hear other experiences of this time in your life?

Advertisement

Old 12-05-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
FastLaneMama
Registered Users

Re: stopped pumping yesterday

Wow, I feel for ya. I can understand both the happiness and sadness of stop pumping. I hope you conceive soon.
FastLaneMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #3
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: stopped pumping yesterday

bittersweet, huh? i was only pumping once a night for a freezer stash that i really haven't needed, and i felt really torn about stopping that, i can't imagine if i was in your situation. it must be hard, even though its the right thing for you.

is she nursing overnight at all? the reason i ask is because many women find they get their period back once the baby stops nursing through the night, so maybe you don't have to cut back as much as you think.

pay attn to your body, in term of your discomfort. if you get too full you may need to hand express some milk. you don't want to end up with mastitis. i hope you get to feeling better soon. shouldn't be too much longer before your body gets the idea.

congrats on making it to 13 months!! what a great gift you have given your dd. lucky little girl! i hope she gets a little brother or sister soon!!