Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Strawberrybottombaby
Registered Users
Formerly: incidentallyyours
seller

My Mood:
How old was your baby when he/she learned to turn over?

I am just curious how old your babies were when they first figured out how to roll over??

My son just turned 3 months old and today hes mastered it...its hilarious I was not expecting him to do this for months...so I was surprised...but maybe this is totally normal? My son wears 12 month clothes, he is very big and strong for his age for sure....so maybe that has something to do with it. Regardless of when it happens I am just curious to hear about other babies. I know all babies are very different though!!

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #2
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: How old was your baby when he/she learned to turn over?

Totally depends on the child. DD was a very big and strong baby, and she didn't start rolling over until she was 5.5 months old. She rolled over the first time, back to tummy on our trip to Jamaica for my sister's wedding. Kinda made the trip difficult as she kept rolling over on her tummy in the middle of hte night, then waking up and freaking out because she didn't *want* to be on her tummy, and didn't know how to get back! She figured that out a day or two after we got back, and has been a tummy sleeper ever since.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
rvela
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Totally agree, it depends on the baby. DD1 rolled at the average 3.5 - 4 months. DD2 rolled at 2 weeks (insane, I know) and DD3 does not roll and she's 9 months. All three of my girls have been tall & strong. Congrats on your LO's first milestone! So exciting

Last edited by rvela; 03-21-2009 at 08:28 AM.
rvela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

From tummy to back, around 3 months. From back to tummy, maybe 4 or 5 months. Quite a bit later. He was a big guy, too (hit 20lbs around 3 1/2 months).
Old 03-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
Gitrecca
Registered Users

Wow. It's funny the differences... My son rolled from tummy to back at 9 weeks and one day, but he didn't roll back to tummy until he was almost five months! Of course, he's a tummy sleeper, so....
Gitrecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
Strawberrybottombaby
Registered Users
Formerly: incidentallyyours
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for these great replies....I know the comparisons mean nothing really as all babies vary so much, but its so fun to hear! I cannot believe how early some of your babies rolled!!! I guess I always had it in my mind it was a 6 month-ish thing, so I was amazing when he popped over lol. My boy is 3 months and nearing 20lbs, however hes around 28" long which is 3" above the 95 percentile....so hes going to be really really tall

I think my niece didn't roll onto her tummy until around 8 months, which is why I was surprised about Aaron. Aaron did sleep on his tummy on my chest for the first month, and has been on his back in a bassinet ever since. It is so funny though once they flip onto their tummys...they dont want to be there anymore!!! I hope he figures out how to flip back onto his back soon
Old 03-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD was 5 months...she rolled tummy to back first and the other way very soon after...they are all so different!
Old 03-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #8
whirlwindwoman
Banned

My Mood:

Charlie at 4.5 months hasn't done either yet, but he was a 35 weeker. He keeps arching his back, and I think he's gonna go back to tummy very very soon!
whirlwindwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:57 AM   #9
nm45832
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Finn went tummy to back at 12 weeks, and back to tummy around 15 weeks. He then did nothing but roll around for three months, LOL!
niclupton.blogspot.com
nm45832 is offline   Reply With Quote