Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #11
Nikki*lala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Obese Fat Apron vent.

I think you are beatiful and you don't look 7 months in that picture. I have the apron too, I know how you feel. I was size 18 when we got married and gained 70 with #1 and 20 with #2 but when he died I gained alot of weight and am now pregnant with #3 my blood pressure and everything is fine, I dont look at the scale I turn around when I get weighed. I guess I just try to be good and tell myself that there is nothing I can "DO" about it now till I have the baby, but I do worry about how much work it is gonna be

your not alone mama

Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #12
Zabibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: rose_hesh
seller

My Mood:

all I can say is that you look beautiful ...really!!!
You have a great husband that loves you, believe me YOU DONT want him to tell you that you need to loose weight or anything of that sort because that will hurt your feelings.
Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Zabibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #13
laur318
Registered Users
seller

HUGS! i'm up 45lbs this pregnancy. it's really difficult carrying the extra weight! and it bums me out when i try to exercise and i can't keep up. even prenatal pilates has me out of breath, let alone walking up stairs!
i do have to say, you should look into slow-robics. like, slow aerobics? helps stretch you out and strengthen you in slow, easy moves so those of us who aren't in ideal shape can keep up. it helps me feel a lot more confident because i didnt have to quit halfway through, i only modified it a little bit. we CAN work out!!!! us mamas gotta start somewhere!
laur318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:38 AM   #14
mommymilk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can relate. I too have the lovely apron, and I hate the fact that you can see it under pants. I only weight 160, but I have been stuck here for months and can't seem to budge at all! We got Wii Fit, and it is awesome, I just need to find the motivation to hop on it daily! When I do, I feel great!

I also purchased some weight watchers cook books. You could always do something like that so you are following the diet plan, just give yourself more points. The inactivity is what is kicking your arse though! It is hard, but get a movin'! In a months time you will feel great on that walk! And it will make for an easier delivery!

Onto the stomache muscle thing...if you truly have a seperation, it needs to be addressed and fixed. Otherwise, after this baby is born, start doing leg lifts and crunches. It will take a long time (trust me, I am in the SAME EXACT boat...I have a total jelly belly with NO support!) and I have seen some change, but not much. But I am doing nothing regularly.

Your DH sounds like he could use to lose a little too...motivate eachother. Think of how much MORE fun you will have doing the horizontal mambo if you are both a bit thinner!

Good luck Mama! You are beautiful just the way you are, but I understand your desire to lose a bit! You can do it!
mommymilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:13 AM   #15
cullens_girl
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree momma - you are beautiful. Take the OP advice and lock up your scale. Turn around at the dr. office and let the nurses know ahead of time you don't want to look at the number. Its more important that you focus on yourself and that baby inside of you. Worry about the weight later. FWIW I also liked the weight watchers plan.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:41 AM   #16
angelmama1209
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally hear you. I have gained 75 lbs since we got married and I HATE it! I started this pg at 210. We are talking about getting a Wii FIt after this babe is born to hopefully motivate me to get moving. I know my problems are exercise and portion control. I hate getting out of breath tailing my kids at the park and not being able to find clothes that look good on me. My dislike of my body is really starting to affect all areas of my life. I can't afford to do WW although I'd love to because I've known a lot of people who've had success on it.

You are not alone and it's nice to know I'm not either.
Shanna - married to Joshua (12/9/00), mommy to Princess Hailey (4/27/05), our Sweet Imp Ashlyn (11/3/07), Our Crazy Head Curly Top Alexa :wave2:(6/3/09), Sassy Little Juliet (3/2/12) and new baby Tristan (1/10/14)!
angelmama1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #17
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't even read any of the responses... because I'm sitting here crying!!

I am right there with you.. I haven't gained much this pregnancy, because I refuse to let myself. I started at 258, and am right now about 263ish. I have a horrible apron!! It makes this beautiful pregnant belly look terrible!

I sooooo much wanted to have some beautiful pregnancy pictures of myself... I have none from any of my other babies, and this is most likely our last one. I have to have c-sections and hubby says he won't risk more than 4. I want to have some beautiful pics to remember this, and I won't even get in front of the camera at all.

I don't feel like the beautiful pregnant mama that I should.. I feel like a whale. I have even started turning hubby away when he makes any advances, because I just can't imagine anyone being attracted to all of this.

I'm still crying, more than I was before.. my little ones are looking at me like I'm a freak, so I will walk away now... I will try to come back and read more later.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #18
angelmama1209
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnlovesjasper View Post
I sooooo much wanted to have some beautiful pregnancy pictures of myself... I have none from any of my other babies, and this is most likely our last one. I have to have c-sections and hubby says he won't risk more than 4. I want to have some beautiful pics to remember this, and I won't even get in front of the camera at all.
I think I have 4 pg pics from my last 2 pgs combined. I don't look pg, I just look fat! My belly button never pops, either, so it just makes it worse.
Shanna - married to Joshua (12/9/00), mommy to Princess Hailey (4/27/05), our Sweet Imp Ashlyn (11/3/07), Our Crazy Head Curly Top Alexa :wave2:(6/3/09), Sassy Little Juliet (3/2/12) and new baby Tristan (1/10/14)!
angelmama1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:53 AM   #19
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnlovesjasper View Post
I can't even read any of the responses... because I'm sitting here crying!!

I am right there with you.. I haven't gained much this pregnancy, because I refuse to let myself. I started at 258, and am right now about 263ish. I have a horrible apron!! It makes this beautiful pregnant belly look terrible!

I don't feel like the beautiful pregnant mama that I should.. I feel like a whale. I have even started turning hubby away when he makes any advances, because I just can't imagine anyone being attracted to all of this.

I'm still crying, more than I was before.. my little ones are looking at me like I'm a freak, so I will walk away now... I will try to come back and read more later.

OH, mamas when I wrote this I did not realize how much others would connect with me. I thought I was prolly the only one that was hiding so much pain and embarrassment about my weight. Reading everyone's responses have really been so healing and inspiring to help me take an outside look in and start taking small baby steps to live what I believe. This morning, I, out of the blue, asked DH to put his tennis shoes on and let my 11 yo babysit while we go for a walk around the block. He looked at me and said, " Why?" So I just told him, "it was good for the baby and I was tired of feeling fat!" He smiled and said "let's go!" We walked around the block three times (prolly about 3/4 mile total) and talked. It was a nice quiet time together. We talked about things we wanted to do this spring and summer outdoors. We both love hiking, so he's gonna map out some nice areas for us to explore. I'm excited!
I don't want to diet. I want to live fully. I want to eat to live. Today has been a good day and I FEEL so much "thinner" just going for a walk. Crazy, but I do. I just feel better.

As for the pp who said she couldn't be intimate with her hubby. That makes me sad. I know there is one person who will always love me no matter if he has to roll me in flour and find the wet spot is my husband and I'm sure that is the same for you. (TMI? ) Although, the dtd positions have changed with our weight, I still love being naked with my husband. He's my other half and no I don't want to stand naked in front of him and have him critique my body; however, I do want to be intimate with him and share my body (No matter how I think it is. If he wants me, then that's all that matters.) Yes, I'd like to have the perfectly tone body to do a strip tease for him, but in the mean time....I'll settle for an under the covers tease with the lights dimmed.

I'm planning on taking this one meal at a time, one day at a time and if I mess up then I'll start again and again and again.

Thank you ladies fo the love and support. I plan to continue posting here about my struggles and would love for you to do the same. Mamas of FAT Aprons Unite!
Old 03-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #20
fawnlovesjasper
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok, pulled myself together.. took a shower, and came back to read.

I was about 190ish when hubby and I married.. 5 1/2 years ago. I'm only 5'3". 4 months after we married I quit working and smoking.. the weight started coming on. 2 months after being home I got preggers with my second, 3 months after she was born I got preggers with my 3rd. After #3 was born I sat at 255. I have lost.. in fact last spring I was down to 225, I was doing it on my own.. counting calories faithfully... trying to chose healther options (though if it fit in my calories I did allow myself to endulge), and doing an exercise video every single day. I slowly started to up my calories.. I had started at 1,200 a day, was losing great but thought maybe if I upped my calories I would be ok.. I went up to 1,500 and was still losing good.. then I went to 1,800 and sat at the same weight for a month. Instead of going back down, I gave up.. and the weight came back soooo fast.

I know I can lose the weight on my own.. and I have to do it that way. We can't afford WW or a gym... plus I am a very independant person. I like to figure things out and do them on my own.

I have given myself 2 years from the birth of this baby to be down to 160 or lower (my goal is 130, but I have never ever been that thin, I was 147 all the way through highschool)... I know the first year I will have to keep my calories up for nursing, but then it will be full force. If I can't get the weight off on my own, then I have promised/threatened myself with surgery.. probably the lapband... which I don't want to resort to at all!

We may go for one more baby... we are going to talk to the DR at my appt next week about the risk of going for a 5th c-section... but I will not allow myself to get pregnant again unless I am under 200 pounds!