Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2009, 06:12 AM   #31
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Obese Fat Apron vent.

Just wanted to update that yesterday DH, the kids and I spent the day at the park/trail and walked through the woods ( it was a hilly trail and definitly got be huffin and puffin. Dh too. ) and then we all played frisbe in this huge open field. I hadn't played that in soooo long, but it was fun. The frisbe idea was my 4 yo's idea, so he was elated to go do it! DH and I have been cooking together lately (well the last three days) these really healthy meals. Fish, grilled chicken, spinich salads and veggies. I just feel happy, but a bit scared of how long this will last. We tend to get burned out quickly, but hoping to not look so far ahead and just look at the present day and ways to get movin'.
I decided I wasn't gonna step on the scale again till after baby is born ( We do our own prenatal care). How much weight I gain isn't important as long as it's healthy weight. I just want to be good to me and baby and that is where my focus should be, not the number on the scale, then eating more crud because I'm down about it.

I still hate my apron and don't think it will ever go away (there's just too much of it), but I'm being good to my body and that makes me feel good.

Now, what to do today....Hmmmm...
feel free to post ideas of free ways to get movin'

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #32
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:
Re: Obese Fat Apron vent.

Hi mama!
We are around the same Due Date and we both have the same problem!:hug:
Without all the details, I was 130 when DH and I dated (always been more of an "athletic" build than a skinny minny). By the time I graduated high school and stopped doing sports DH and I got married I ballooned. Another year later...more weight....gained even more with DD.
Another child and pregnant again I'm MUCH larger than I started. I weigh 260. But I have been watching the scale very carefully because I've tipped the 300 mark with BOTH of my other pregnancies.
So far I've only gained 10 pounds. Not on purpose, I'm still nursing the 2 year old and HS the 4 year old. Just so busy!

Anyway...WW really worked for me last year! I lost 30 in 2 months and held myself accountable for working out and for what I ate.

I plan on joining WW at 4-6 weeks PP. I also have the "apron" and really feel it is because of my c/s too! But with a bit of work last year I was able to start to shrink it. (I left WW and didn't do very well on my own!)
Maybe we could be preggo/weightloss buddies!
I agree not to worry to much about the situation now. Big, pregnant and beautiful is a good positive outlook (even when you don't feel like it! Yesterday I had a breakdown before church. I refused to leave the house with the clothes that I had....kept crying "I just look fat! Not pregnant!!")

DH is the best and helped me see the positives and I managed to pull myself out of the funk and move on!

Anyway! Perhaps after birth we can hold each other accountable for our weight loss?
Great job with getting out yesterday! That helps me too!