Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2015, 06:00 AM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Disposable Eco Friendly Trainers/pullups

For a trip coming up I am considering buying a small pack of disposable trainers for my 5 year old for nighttime. He never been a super heavy wetter but it can fill his nighttime superundies on occasion. Are these generally nighttime quality? Wondering if I get them if I should tape a gdiaper insert in it or if that would just be annoying.

I've NEVER bought a disposable training pant. i've only every seen one in person once.

Looking at the honest brand, seventh generation, and earths best.

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:16 AM   #2
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

Re: Disposable Eco Friendly Trainers/pullups

Personally not a fan of the "Honest" Company. A few months ago, Jamie Greyson (The Baby Guy) was researching cloth diapers for a newsletter. The top search result for "cloth diapers" was The Honest Company. You have to pay for the top spot. Then when you clicked on their link, the URL said honestcompany.com/clothdiapers so they paid for a URL with cloth diapers in the name. The link took you to the page to pay for their subscription service for disposable diapers. When he called them out on it they took it down, but who knows how long it was up there? That rubbed me the wrong way. To pull people away from cloth by baiting them into your subscription service. Just thought I'd share in case no one else had seen that.
imnotacodfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah i dont know much about them but I don't really like there signup method anyway. not going with them...

especially when there company name is "honest"
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 06-23-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #4
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have never tried an eco friendly pullup, but we have great luck with Pampers easy ups for my girls. They started leaking through their cloth trainers overnight, and I eventually gave up and went with disposables. They have also used Goodnights and Underjams, but the easy ups are much cheaper, especially with coupons and do just fine for us.

If you have amazon mom you can get a $15 gift card when you order a box of easy ups (or other pampers), there is a thread about that here. http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post17617105

I know that wasn't really what you asked, but maybe it will help someone! I am usually cloth all the way, so if I have need for a disposable product, I really don't care if it is ecofriendly.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #5
DreamInGreen
Registered Users
seller

I didn't know about "honest". Well done! As for the trainers- I liked the "pull up" style. I used them during a family emergency and baby was def not PL. They leaked for overnight use but it may possibly have been bc they were a bit large. Anyhow- target brand and earths best are what if recommend. i think taping a Gdiaper insert would be annoying.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:23 PM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamInGreen View Post
I didn't know about "honest". Well done! As for the trainers- I liked the "pull up" style. I used them during a family emergency and baby was def not PL. They leaked for overnight use but it may possibly have been bc they were a bit large. Anyhow- target brand and earths best are what if recommend. i think taping a Gdiaper insert would be annoying.
thx!

I also see that Naty has a trainer and the bamboo ones as well.

Last edited by Pixi6s; 06-23-2015 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:14 AM   #7
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

I forgot, but GroVia disposable inserts have sticky backing specifically for use in underwear as a trainer. If you wanted to try that.
imnotacodfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:35 AM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for your help. Talked with DH and probably going forward with buying one of these brands (earths best, naty, seventhgen, or bambino), depending on what makes since (smallest package/reasonable price/able to get).

I figured we'd bring his wool mattress protector and tell him that we don't know how well its going to work so try not to use them... who knows maybe he'll train himself (On this note we know he can hold it all night, he does on occasion, I also suspect that he pees in them right as he wakes up in the morning, at least sometimes because of laziness)