Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:27 AM   #221
emeryandrowan
Registered Users
seller

Re: OxyClean + Vinegar -----> WOWSA!!

Oh! Also might try this on my husbands shirts too. Work out clothes are the worst!

Advertisement

emeryandrowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #222
YesYes
Registered Users
seller

Hydrogen peroxide + vinegar. That's how I clean the drains LOL! Will have to try this.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #223
CrystalnIzzy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just put my diapers in the mixture to soak overnight. We will see how they turn out. I'm thinking about using this on our dingy hand towels, and some of DD's really stained clothing.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:14 PM   #224
AudreyNola
Registered Users
Formerly: wyatt'smom
seller

Hi, I just wanted to say thank you to the OP! This got rid of our stinkies and even brightened my dipes and lessened some stains. I have used this on inserts, fitteds and pockets. I'm sure it will likely shorten the life of a diaper but gosh who wants a diaper that lasts longer if it's gross? I have been so sick of these diapers that come straight out of the washer/dryer still smelling bad and had searched high and low for a solution. Thank you, thank you, seriously thank you .
Old 07-01-2009, 12:11 AM   #225
Karrie Di
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine are soaking in the solution now! I got chicken and put some water in there, as another poster did.....but hopefully it will still work!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:21 AM   #226
4blessings
Registered Users

My Mood:

Anyone try this on OBV? I am having problems with my DS diapers. He only uses them at night and they are every morning. I just can't get the smell out either. DD diapers are fine. No smell at all. I just can't figure it out as they are all washed in the same loads.
I just don't want to ruin the silkyness.
4blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #227
OKKiddo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4blessings View Post
Anyone try this on OBV? I am having problems with my DS diapers. He only uses them at night and they are every morning. I just can't get the smell out either. DD diapers are fine. No smell at all. I just can't figure it out as they are all washed in the same loads.
I just don't want to ruin the silkyness.

I had a prefold that is bamboo velour. It doesn't snappi well, so I'm pretty sure that's the material? It held up fine through the soak and I haven't had any problems with it. Still nice and soft--I really need to get more of those off of FSOT!
Nancy, CD'ing, Delayed Vax'ing, Co-Sleeping, BW'ing, AP'ing, Beginning Knitter, Wife to my soul mate and best friend,Tim since 10-18-2001, Mom to Bryan (12-14-06) Brennan (06-02-08), and with #3 due 04-28-11!
OKKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:08 AM   #228
CrystalnIzzy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I just hung them out to dry. I did it as a prewash for a whole load of diapers. I filled the washer with enough water to cover the diapers and then added 2 cups of vinegar and 2 scoops of oxy clean, and let them soak overnight. Then I did my normal wash routine. My AIOs still have some odor, so I might have to do them separately, but the rest smell wonderful!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #229
4blessings
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you for starting this thread and responding to my question! I am going to try this then. I suppose I don't have much to lose anyway as they stink so bad! Just noticed your siggy. Doing it on my own here too! 5 months down, 7 more to go! Hope all is going well for you. Sending you good thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKKiddo View Post
I had a prefold that is bamboo velour. It doesn't snappi well, so I'm pretty sure that's the material? It held up fine through the soak and I haven't had any problems with it. Still nice and soft--I really need to get more of those off of FSOT!
4blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #230
OKKiddo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4blessings View Post
Thank you for starting this thread and responding to my question! I am going to try this then. I suppose I don't have much to lose anyway as they stink so bad! Just noticed your siggy. Doing it on my own here too! 5 months down, 7 more to go! Hope all is going well for you. Sending you good thoughts.
Yep, today was our 5 month mark as well! It's been tough, but we'll get through it. Hang in there!
Nancy, CD'ing, Delayed Vax'ing, Co-Sleeping, BW'ing, AP'ing, Beginning Knitter, Wife to my soul mate and best friend,Tim since 10-18-2001, Mom to Bryan (12-14-06) Brennan (06-02-08), and with #3 due 04-28-11!
OKKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote