Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #481
Registered Users
My Mood:
White vinegar? I'm dying to try this...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum

Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #482
Registered Users
Re: OxyClean + Vinegar -----> WOWSA!!

I don't have any issues with stink but I'm curious if this is a good way to get stains out when sunning isn't possible. Subbing to find it again if need be.
Valerie ~ Single Student Mama to four big kids and one brand new baby girl Lennon (04/17/12) and who recently relapsed into cloth diaper addiction after 8 years clean!
momgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #483
Registered Users
I'm trying this right now on 3 bamboo night time fitteds. I had to use more water than I wanted but it foamed up immediately. It didn't get hot. I'm going I let them soak outside for 5 or 6 hours then rinse and rewash. Hopefully they will not have any stains or am stinkies after this!
EyeDocMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #484
Registered Users

just a warning. I've ruined the pul on a few diapers using JUST oxyclean and soaking. I would only try this on inserts and prefolds.
alicenwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #485
Registered Users
My Mood:

I've used this on PUL many times. The chemical reaction changes the oxyclean, I believe.

Bumping for mamas dealing with stink issues.
Mo, wife to Ed, SAHM to Isaiah 3-04,Rosemary 1-07, John Paul 9-09, Ivy Ana 8-12, Azalea9-15
I teach Natural Family Planning! PM me for more info.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #486
Registered Users
My Mood:

Thisis great! Thanks..
a.merical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #487
Registered Users
My Mood:
Proud blogger, health nut, and wife to my high school sweetheart, J , WAHM to C (8/2010), battling Severe Aplastic Anemia & H (6/2014) AND...I LOVE my Young Living Essential Oils. Ask me about them !
breefawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #488
Registered Users
My Mood:

for the mama looking for this thread
Nicci...PT WOHM, CDing, bottle feeding, non-cosleeping, vax-ing mama to A 5/7/11 and M 9/9/12 , expecting a newbie 3/22/14! married to the most incredible man and my bff J 6/11/10
nbert921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:07 AM   #489
Registered Users

As a father of 5 (all out of diapers) I am not sure how I stumbled upon this very interesting topic (I can't even remember what I was googling) and yes I read all 49 pages!
A few thoughts...
1. I cant wait to share this method with my friend who's cats tend to (how shall I say this) utilize anything left laying on the floor.... Accidentally such as clothes... Or things meant to be left on the floor such as throw rugs. I am so excited to try the soak, I really look forward to not being overpowered by the ammonia smell in the bathroom (a throw rug is to blame in there). Previously I tried borax and other methods and while they helped they still had an odor which of course re invites the cats to continue using it.
2. To all those using this in thier front loader washing machines especially those using a lower dose in every load as maintenance my hat is off to you! The most common complaint with FL machines is over time a musty odor. While therer are many things you can do to help with this problem such as leaving the door open when not in use the main cause is a build up of soaps softners etc. To remove this residue one of the best methods is once a month runnin a hot load with baking soda(or oxyclean) in the soap bin, and vinegar in the bleach and the softner bin. YOUR essentially doing this with your diaper method... So you are cleaning diapers and your machine!
I know from first hand knowledge it takes several of the above cycles on an older (never cleaned) machine to get rid of the musty machine odor but after you get it clean doing it monthly generally keeps it smell free. SOOOO please post if you noticed a reduction in the musty smell of your Front loader (just so others don't think I am a crazy man who has no business in the laundry room lol)
3. Vinegar is such a greatly useful cleaner etc. But did you know that it is also a fabric softner? Yup. So every load of laundry I wash vinegar is added to the fabric softner compartment and it works beautifully (and doesn't leave a water resistant residue on my towels like most fabric softners do.) Now I still add a few dryer sheets to the dryer but only because I love the smell (that Downy dryer fabric scent stuff is awesome but pricey)
Mncdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #490
Registered Users

Anyone still using this method? How is it working for you?

I used it along time ago when DD1 was in diapers....and I seem to remember it working pretty well??

We are having issues with our nighttime pull up I'm hoping this will help again.
Wife to Tim (7-30-01), Momma to M (12-13-08)and Milly 03-16-2013Co-sleeping delayed vaxing, baby signing family. Knitter and Army Veteran, crunchy momma.
hylndlas is offline   Reply With Quote