Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby dropping off the growth curve after 12months?

I wouldn't worry about it either. As long as she's gaining and not losing anything, thats all that matters. Then again, my daughter came into this world at 8 lbs. 13.2 oz. and now at 12 months hasn't reached 17 lbs. yet and she's 27" tall. We are not small people, hubby was HUGE as a child (wore 2T clothing @ 6 months) and I was average 20 lbs. @ 1 yr. old. My first 2 children (although both were preemies) were average size by 1 yr. old. She's just very petite and I think may have picked up on the small end of my dad's side of the family. So long as she's eating, happy, healthy, reaching milestones, keep doing what you're doing.

Advertisement

Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Agree with the rest of the posters, at a year old, my DD was 17.5 lbs, at 15 months she was down to 16.5 lbs (when she was 7 months old she was 18.5 lbs and there was no height gain since 7 months), when there is a loss that is when you need to start to worry (she actually feel off the growth chart onto -.3% which I had no clue there were negitives for the growth charts....she was having malabsorption issues due to food allergies though, so there was a medical reason to be concerned).
Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011

Last edited by babygirlsmom1005; 03-24-2009 at 12:39 PM.
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:11 AM   #13
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

My oldest was the exact way. She was born 8 lbs 4 oz. At 6 months she was 18 lbs but at 1 year she was 19 lbs 4 oz and 27" long. It makes sense that they will eventually drop off their curve (or take a big jump on the growth charts). Every big baby isn't destined to be a big child and every tiny baby isn't destined to be a tiny child. I wouldn't worry at all as long as she's hitting her milestones.
Greenbabybottoms is offline   Reply With Quote