Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
took the hospital tour yesterday MOSTLY happy

yesterday i had to go in for my gestational diabetes test, my dr office and the lab i go to are attached to the hospital i'll be delivering at so while waiting the hour after i drank the stuff we decided to take the tour. the womens/peds floor is amazing! the LDR room does have a tub and you can get a room w/a jacuzzi tub upon request. which i will be doing i don't want to deliver in the tub but i do think it would be amazing to labor in one! the hospital i had my first two ds's at did not have this option. i wasn't really counting on this hospital having it either but they do so i'm happy! the room i'll be moved to after that is beautiful as well, and private (at the last hospital only some were private, and that was a matter of getting lucky!). i'm very pleased with most everything. however they will not let us use our own dipes, i guess it's a hygiene thing. and it wouldn't even be a matter of me being able to put him whatever i want b/c it turns out that b/c of all these babies being stolen while mama's are sleeping at this hospital you can't have the baby in your room while asleep . i'm not thrilled about that....in the least but i do understand at the same time. so needless to say before we go i'll be printing out a huge sign to tape to his bassinett that read "DO NOT GIVE ME BOTTLES MY MAMA IS NURSING ME!!!!! IF I CRY WAKE HER UP!!" i think that should get the point across fairly nicely. what do you mamas think?

Advertisement

myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: took the hospital tour yesterday MOSTLY happy

That is weird. Where I delivered they didnt take the baby from me at all. They didnt even have a nursery. They only took babies if mom had a bad delivery or was in a alot of pain from a c-sec!
But, I think the signs are a good idea. And, even then make it a point to tell each nurse what you want. Generally, my nurses were awesome about what I wanted. But, ya never know and you could get a nurse that "didnt" see the sign.
Good luck!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and also the hospital I delivered at had the "baby low jack" attached to her ankle it was just like a name band. But, an alarm went off if you went in certain parts of the floor or tried to leave the floor at all and the whole hospital went on lock down. If they had a problem (more then 1 person) trying to steal babies I dont think I'd want to stay there at all.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #4
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

actually no babies have been taken from this hospital, i guess i should've been more specific. it's b/c of how much that's happened nationwide in the past few years.
other than that (and the diapers) i was very pleased. the nurses were thrilled to hear that i will have a birth plan and were just ecstatic when they heard that i didn't want pitosin or anything. so they're very flexible with all of that. just not the baby in the room with a sleeping mama and daddy, they said as long as one of us stays awake he can be with us all night but not if we needed to nap. like i said i am NOT thrilled with that at all, but there's really not a whole lot i can do about it. i won't be sleeping very well i'll tell you that much! not that i don't trust the nurses, but i'm sure you understand.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:47 PM   #5
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh and i've never heard of that baby low jack! i'll have to let the nurses know about that and have them put it in a suggestion box!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:37 AM   #6
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Oh that is good (and reassuring).

Oh, and honestly I didnt sleep much while I was in the hospital. So, chances are the baby wontbe away from you long especially if DH is with you - I know my DH didnt want to close his eyes at all while we were there!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:00 PM   #7
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

yeah, same deal with the baby lo-jack when i had dd too. the hospital i'll likely use the next time (since we've moved) also presumably has it as well as they emphasize their "couplet care" practices (basically no separation).

i really don't understand what their hygiene (sp?) issue is....they certainly weren't changing dd's dirty diapers when she was born....seems a little sketch....if it was me, i'd probably bring them along and use them if i wanted/until they made a stink about it.

you know how it is with hospital policies - some of them are for REAL reasons the rest are just for their convenience....

however, glad to hear that everything else seems really nice. that's good that they have an actual jacuzzi tub available. we had a tub but it was just a normal bathtub....not really all that helpful b/c it wasn't nearly deep enough.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:14 AM   #8
myajdw
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah i was going to bring my own dipes along anyhow and just pretend like i didn't know....what are they gonna do take my baby away lol. and who knows if a nurse ends up having to change a dipe and see the cute one i put on him maybe she just won't care anyhow!!!! i don't see what the big deal would be. it's my kid. but oh well, it will only be for 24 to 48 hours. and providing we can get overnight care for our other two ds's and my dh's work doesn't make a stink he'll be staying the night with me and ds.