Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
valsblondies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How much to encourage before it is pushing him to go?

Just started ECing my 15mo ds 2 weeks ago. At first sitting on the potty and making a psss noise was fun, but now he wants nothing to do with it - I keep putting him on it after hes gone pee or poo to make the connection but he immediately stands up. Should I put him on it again when he stands up? I dont want to push him too far it becomes an issue...

Advertisement

valsblondies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
wrensmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How much to encourage before it is pushing him to go?

Maybe he has already made the connection and that's why he stands up (cause he already went)? I don't know. I personally wouldn't put him back on...the only time I put my girl back on is if I really think she has to go and is just getting distracted and wants to play (but I won't force the issue if she is getting upset). Can you tell yet when he has to go? We mainly use timing and the catches that are usually easiest are in the morning and right away after a nap (if I let her play for a few minutes in her crib before I get her she will usually go in her diaper).

I've also found that sign language helps... she is now doing the toilet (potty) sign to let us know she has to go... not consistently.. but it's a definite step in the right direction.

I think there is a late starters group on yahoo that would probably have a lot of answers for you too.

Good luck!
wrensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
valsblondies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much to encourage before it is pushing him to go?

Thanks- I can often tell when he needs to go but the stubborn streak is there- he will stand up and go pee in another place (I have been going diaperless at home) - I will check out the yahoo group- thanks!
valsblondies is offline   Reply With Quote