Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie
My Mood:
Catherine's Easter birth story

On Wednesday, April 8th (8 days overdue) we met with the midwife and decided induction was the best route at this point in the game. I didn't care anymore, I just wanted the baby out and in my arms. So we got scheduled to start the induction process the next day. Thursday night we went to the hospital around 7pm and got the ceveridol (sp) put in. Everything seemed to be fine with it, but of course I had to be monitored the entire time it was in, so I was basically bed-ridden. the midwife and nursing staff kept saying to get a good nights sleep, i'll need all my strength the next day to labor, but of COURSE i couldn't sleep at all. baby moved around SO much that nurses had to come in every 10-20 min to adjust the monitors. and i was SO uncomfortable in the bed i kept turning over every 20 min. it was a terrible night.

Friday morning we started with Pitocin. LUCKILY the midwife we chose as our primary was in the hospital on Friday, so we were able to labor with her there. Pitocin started about 9am, my sister came to the hossy around 8:30am and we were ready to start laboring. It was actually very, very manageable the whole time. Pit kept the contractions regular and while they were quite uncomfortable, they were very very manageable. I just kept breathing through them and concentrating on staying in front of them. We watched a movie, rocked in the rocking chair, used a stepping stool to keep trying and turning baby. Finally around 4pm we started getting checked to see my progress. Still only about 1-2 cm, but very soft. during the first internal check the mw still said she wasn't 100% sure the head was down. she kept saying she felt something little that wasn't a head that would move away. So over the course of the next hour or hour-and-a-half, 5 more people internally checked me, all the while having cx and waiting as they tried manipulating whatever was in the way to get OUT of the way. THAT was horribly painful. i mean AWFUL, but still manageable. We even had 2 ultrasounds during that time. turns out head was down the entire time, but something wasn't right. Finally a very experienced nurse came in and the mw and her check and thought honestly maybe it was a face they were feeling, like an eye and nose. we started discussing all our options, what we'd do if it is a head presentation, how labor would still go, what we'll do if it's face presentation. our mw was so great and understanding and kept us prepared and informed about all possibilites. At this point i was ready and preparing for a c-section. i know it's not what we wanted to do at all, but i needed to mentally prepare for that so i wouldn't be scared or angry. finally around 6:30 an OB surgeon came in and concluded it was indeed a face-presentation and a c-section needed to be done. right away the staff started getting stuff ready for the operation. dh and i did have about 3 min alone to discuss thoughts/feelings. we both cried a little bit but knew the most important thing was to get her out no matter what. my sister called the family to tell them what was going on and that we'd have a baby in an hour!

They wheeled me into the OR at 7:14pm, had the baby out by 7:51pm. dh even got to announce the gender and our mw stayed in the OR to take pics for us. as soon as dh said "IT'S A GIRL!" she started crying. it was the most beautiful noise i'd ever heard! they cleaned her off right away and dh brought her over so i could see. she was so so so so beautiful. dark hair, dark eyes, just like i'd hoped she'd be. she was still crying but i swear was crying "mama" which just made my heart smile. she started rooting right away and sucked on dh's finger for the rest of the operation.

we got wheeled back to our room, got her skin to skin with me. she started bf'ing right away and did AWESOME. she's been a great great eater. then family got to come in and meet her and while dh announced the gender, i got to announce her name. hospital time went well. we were eager to get her home. had to spend her first easter in the hospital, but she still had a great outfit on.

Catherine Grace
7:51pm April 10
9lb, 3 oz, 20 in

So now we're home. She's still as beautiful as ever, dark hair and dark eyes. she bf's like a pro, she's gaining weight and doing super. my MIL has been staying with us all week which has been a HUGE blessing. hubby working this week but Friday will be his last day with the company, so he can spend more time with us. hubby is so in love with her. i think he's extremely happy she's a girl...she is SO going to be a daddy's girl. We're so excited to finally have our baby girl in our arms. i tell hubby she's exactly what i'd dreamed she'd be.

Kalli: We're a Christian family, we homeschool and we wish to be hippies on a farm! Married 8 years with three blessings:

Catherine Grace (6)
John Gabriel (4)
Laura Josephine (1)

Last edited by newbiemama; 04-18-2009 at 08:29 PM.
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Catherine's Easter birth story

WONDERFUL Story momma, Beautiful little girl! Congrast on finally having that baby in your arms!
Chasity- Wife and Momma to 3 Special People
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
Registered Users

CONGRATULATIONS MAMA!! She is so beautiful! I am so glad that everything went great! Thanks for sharing!
Kaydee- Mama to: G{21},G{17]B{8},B{5}and Born-sleeping, AngelBaby,who is in our hearts forever! Abigail Neveah{Feb 23, 2007}
ClothDiaperingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Aww! She is beautiful! I had a surprise baby and my Dh got to announce she was a girl, it was amazing. I cried too! I am so happy for you!
SAHM to Lorelai 8/26/08. Missing my deployed Airman!

I love Swagbucks!!! I earn free giftcards just by searching the web. SWAGBUCKS
Becky32982 is offline   Reply With Quote