Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
PureBliss
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
**Update** So....I'm stripping my BG organics- and if this does not work...

I am pretty frustrated!
We used prefolds and flats with wool on ds until recently. He is super wiggly during diaper changes and I wanted something easy- and the organics were the answer! I bought a bunch- like 14- snaps and velcro- and after using them for a month, or less, I noticed that ds was getting this terrible rash around his legs, tummy and back- it is dry, cracked and peeling, and sometimes it would bleed. I still used a fitted under wool at night b/c it works for us, so why chang soemthing that works?
Well- he does not have the rash when he wakes up in the morning- and he sleeps all night long in the same diaper and wook soaker.
I kept banging my head b/c I just did not understand it.
Well, I was talking with my local diaper shop today, and we decided that he is most likely having a reaction to the PUL- his rash is only where it touches his skin, well, for the most part it is. Then why am I stripping? Because I love these diapers so much I want to rule out a reaction to the detergent we are using. I feel that the PUL does not rinse as clean as cotton so maybe he is getting the rash b/c the deterg is still in the material- we use Tide free and clear- the powder. I also want to add that I bought some Allens detergent today as well, to use on my diapers from here on out.

So, we will see! I am hopign that I wont have to sell them, but to be honest with you- I think I am going to have to.

Ugh! I knew I should have stuck with the all natural products! LOL!

Ok, so ds just woke up from his nap- he was in a BG the whole time- and well, there is NO RASH!!!
so it was the detergent! Well, I am pretty sure it was. we will see if it comes back- but i'm not taking any chances- all my diapers will be stripped today, and we will have to use a better detergent from here on out.
ugh, does that mean i have to wash EVERYTHING in Allens?? That stuff is SO EXPENSIVE! HELP!!!
Thanks so much mamas!!!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by PureBliss; 03-25-2009 at 08:49 AM.
PureBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
lotsuvlittles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So....I'm stripping my BG organics- and if this does not work...

My 1yo gets something similar when he is in the AIOs all day as I mostly use fitteds and wool at home, but AIOs when we are out. I just have to make sure I have a good lotion in my diaper bag and rub it on at every diaper change where the PUL touches his skin. I don't notice it as much with the other AIOs that I have where the PUL doesn't turn in.

Back online and getting caught up. Thanks for your patience.
lotsuvlittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Mommyof2Blessings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It does sound like a reaction to the PUL............
Jessica ~ wife to Jeff 11/9/02 and SAH, HSing, CDing, Jesus Loving mommy to my 5 sweeties, Olivia Grace 8/20/05 , Austin Jeffrey 4/24/07 , Abigail Lynn 4/9/09 , Owen Rodney 5/17/11 , and Wyatt Stanley 6/21/13
Mommyof2Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

Can you try an AIO where only cotton touches baby?
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
fourstac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope the stripping works...but if not, I will take some of the Aplix off your hands! I LOVE these dipes. I am prone to allergies, but thank goodness DD doesn't seem to have a reaction to the PUL. I never really thought of that as an allergy trigger. I will keep an eye though. Good luck Mama.
Stacy: semi-crunchy/silly wife to Alex WAHM to home-waterbirthed perfect DD, Parker, (11/07) and new DS (10/10) Co-sleeping, non-vaxing, BFing, APing, coffee-drinking, deal-obsessing, dog-loving 100% Mom.
www.facebook.com/parkerbuttonspage Fresh Sewn goodness-handcrafted bags
fourstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:45 PM   #6
PureBliss
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do have some diff aio's- a mutt 3sr, a mums bums, and a cloth canoe, but i dont know yet if he gets a rash from them. i am pretty sure he gets one from the mums bums, which i tried on him yesterday after being in a fitted and fleece pants- he got a rash within minutes. I have not yet tried the other 2. I think I may keep a couple at my moms house as "emergency" diapers, but deep down, I know he is reacting to the PUL.

Lotsuvlittles- what lotion do you use? i am looking for something that is pretty gentle on his skin...
Old 03-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
PureBliss
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstac View Post
I hope the stripping works...but if not, I will take some of the Aplix off your hands! I LOVE these dipes. I am prone to allergies, but thank goodness DD doesn't seem to have a reaction to the PUL. I never really thought of that as an allergy trigger. I will keep an eye though. Good luck Mama.

thanks! I'll LYK if I am selling them- i have 3 brand new 2nds that i have not even washed yet and 5 that are used. I then have 6 with snaps, one is brand new as well- not even washed. UGH!!
Old 03-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #8
kristini2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my oldest was sensitive to pul. i had to trade a whole stash of manyducks aios (remember those?!?) for fitteds and wool. ironically a lovely mama named shane sent me a sos and a fuzbomb to try and i never looked back. luckily dd2 and dd3 aren't as sensitive. the bumgenius are so convenient, but dd3 gets a rash from them as well. i'm pretty sure it's not the pul so i don't know exactly what her problem is from them?!? i had to sell all of ours. hope the extra wash fixes your problem!

Last edited by kristini2; 03-24-2009 at 03:54 PM.
kristini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
carlajones
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had that probklem with our BG pockets. I bought different detergents, stripped them with RLR I did everything I could! I had 34 of them and couldnt bare going to DH and telling him DD is allergic to them. I finally just switched to GM fitteds and the rash went away. Now she is 6 months old and we have no problem using the BG anymore I think she just grew out of it? I just guessing.
carlajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
PureBliss
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristini2 View Post
my oldest was sensitive to pul. i had to trade a whole stash of manyducks aios (remember those?!?) for fitteds and wool. ironically a lovely mama named shane sent me a sos and a fuzbomb to try and i never looked back. luckily dd2 and dd3 aren't as sensitive. the bumgenius are so convenient, but dd3 gets a rash from them as well. i'm pretty sure it's not the pul so i don't know exactly what her problem is from them?!? i had to sell all of ours. hope the extra wash fixes your problem!

AHHHHH!! LOL! That was me!! How are you? I am so happy to "see" you! i still have my SOS and fuzboms from #1, but they are all too big on #2- who is such a p-nut compared to his brother!

Wow, what a small world!
oh yeah- i totally remember the Manyducks! That is a blast from the past!!