Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Registered Users
New to EC questions

My son is 13 months old and a few days ago I finally realized that he was telling me (in his own way) when he had to potty. So for the past 2 days he has only worn a dipe at night and we have only had one accident. The accident was a bowel movement. I don't think he cued me... or I may have missed it. He has been peeing in the tub because he wants to stand to pee, so how do I handle him pooing? Let him go in the tub? How can I transition him from going in the tub to his potty or the toilet? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Proud Mommy of Brody (3) and Sadie (5 months) and wife to my sexy . We love. Have exclusively both babies and couldn't imagine life without .
Brody'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: New to EC questions

OH I hope its going well!! Do you have an update?

I would let him pee and poo in the tub if he likes it. Establish your cue sound, then try for going in the toilet. Once my dd figured out the cue sound, then she was more willing to try going other places. Even public restrooms. (now, that being said, some days are still better than others and some days she has preferences over where she wants to eliminate, but we're not always restricted to just one spot anymore. )
DSS - 10yrs DSD - 6yrs DD - 4yrs
married to my best friend since 2007

I sell Baltic Amber jewelry!
Sakari is offline   Reply With Quote