Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #31
redneckmama
Registered Users
Formerly: lilybugsmomma
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many kids do you have and how many did you want?

Dh as always said he wanted 2 and before we had kids I thought I did as well. Now that we have 2, I can whole heartedly say that I am not done! I would love 4 total but I think I'll be lucky if I can get him to agree to #3.

Advertisement

Old 03-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #32
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Once upon a time, I wanted 6. That was a long time ago when I was MUCH younger.

I think we'll be done when we finally get around to giving DD a sibling - boy or girl. I might be adventurous and go for a third, but I can't imagine more than that. I've said for a while now, definitely two, and after the second we'd see if we wanted any more. The only person in my family who might be pulling for a boy is my FIL, seeing as his only grandson has his bio-mom's last name, as she and my BIL weren't together when he was born. But both SIL and I have said that we want another, so hopefully there will be a little boy to carry on the name, and if not? *Shrug* He'll just have to deal.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #33
avidreader
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have one but both really want a few more- like in the 4-5 total range. We are on the fost/adopt wait list right now and are talking abour TTC #2 soon as we are realizing that adoption may take longer than we had hoped it would. Our hope is that we will be able to have 1 more bio and adopt the rest or maybe just end up being foster parents for along time. Either way, it's somethng we re both pretty passionate about but I know God's plans are not usually my plans .
Old 03-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #34
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you have asked me last year at this time, I would have said 4-5. Now, at 34ish wks preggo with #1, I can say two MAX. I would be happy with one, but I don't know that I want DD to be an only and I think DH would be happier with one more. I loathe and despise being pregnant. Before actually getting pg, my vision of pregnancy was all rainbows and bunnies. Yeah, not so much.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #35
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I always wanted just 2... But I had my first two at 17 and 18...grew up for a few years and decided I wanted another...then another..then another, then another..
So Here I sit pregnant with #6 due in November. 4 girls and one boy so far...we will find out this summer what #6 is.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #36
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I wanted three. Until I got pregnant with DD and realized that me + pregnancy = not so good. I didn't have morning sickness, but I bled through my entire first trimester and into my second, had preterm contractions and HORRIBLE hip/back pain. To top that all off, I almost died during childbirth.

So, after I had my daughter, I said I was done. And meant it. But after a few months, I started warming to the idea of another one.

And we're going to TTC #2 this fall.

Then, we're done. TTC is expensive for us and two is the perfect amount of kids for us.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #37
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wanted none :bag:

I have two blessings though I'd love to try for a third now too but dh is done ith 2.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:25 PM   #38
Zabibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: rose_hesh
seller

My Mood:

I will have as many as God want us to have, I personally dont use birth control, is hard work (homeschooling, cooking, cleaning) to have many kids but is a joy.
I am pregnant with my #6
Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Zabibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #39
vickieboggs
Registered
seller

My Mood:

dh and I always said we wanted 2....but he was happy with 1.....but I want 3!!

We have 2 a girl and a boy.....but I really really really want the 3rd baby....so I'll just keep waiting and hoping and praying that we have another.

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #40
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wanted 3 and my husband wanted 1. Then my husband changed his mind. Because of my age(41) and problems with fertility we prob. won't be able to have another. We might start trying in a month or two though. We have 1 now.