Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

Cosleepers - does your LO wake you up?

I coslept with DS until he was about 2 weeks old because I was so paranoid something would happen to him in his sleep. Since then he's been sleeping in his own crib. It was great when he was only getting up once during the night, but lately I've started cosleeping again because DS is hungry so often during the night I just can't get up that 4 or more times and stay sane.

Well not only is he a complete bed hog because he likes to snuggle, but every morning I wake up with teeny little fingers touching my face. This is how he's decided to wake me up lol. Of course when I squint one sleepy eye open he starts smiling and laughing so I can't help but be in a good mood, so it's not a bad way to wake up

Advertisement

Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
MLB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cosleepers - does your LO wake you up?

Awwww, that's adorable!!! I coslept with my oldest until she was over 2 years old. As a baby, she would just latch on when she was hungry so I was getting more sleep than I ever got while pregnant. It was odd at first but I got used to it. At least he touches your face to wake up you! Having someone latch on to the boob is a really weird way to wake up until you realize what's going on. lol
Old 03-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
nm45832
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS likes to stand up, put his hands on my face, and jump, lol. It's quite the way to wake up!
niclupton.blogspot.com
nm45832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy mommy View Post
I coslept with DS until he was about 2 weeks old because I was so paranoid something would happen to him in his sleep. Since then he's been sleeping in his own crib. It was great when he was only getting up once during the night, but lately I've started cosleeping again because DS is hungry so often during the night I just can't get up that 4 or more times and stay sane.

Well not only is he a complete bed hog because he likes to snuggle, but every morning I wake up with teeny little fingers touching my face. This is how he's decided to wake me up lol. Of course when I squint one sleepy eye open he starts smiling and laughing so I can't help but be in a good mood, so it's not a bad way to wake up

You make it sound so sweet compared to the thread title! <g> My LO wakes me up a lot DURING the night, which is not so sweet....
Old 03-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes. Jonathan wakes me up at night to feed (crawls over crying or saying "MM! MMM!") and then in the mornings he stands up and leans over me and rocks me back and forth... if I face him, I get finger pokes, fingers feeling my face and fingers in my mouth.... if that fails him, I get fingers to my eyes and ears until I look. . .

Then I'm up.

HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #6
wild fire child
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He wakes me up when he's ready to nurse, and pops off smiley when he wants to be for a while. If I try to ignore him and he wants to stand, he pushes against the bed and me and whines until I wake or hand him off to DH
wild fire child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
Judesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been co-sleeping with DS since birth (he's now four months) and lately he's been waking me up more because he's hungery, and unfortunately my milk has really started to dry up. He used to just latch on and nurse and fall back to sleep, but now if he latches on and he isn't getting enough he pounds his fist against my chest and I get up and make him a bottle lol.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #8
mommyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When my little man is feeling silly, he'll wake me up with his tiny fingers up my nose! Other times, he'll touch my face and start saying mama and gives me sloppy wet kisses.

**PLZ EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED ME!**
mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #9
chataine
Is This Nirvana?
seller

My Mood:

my dd used to wake me up by pulling on my eyelashes.. it was endearing..but somewhat painful at the same time..

and i am usually up before DS
Old 03-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #10
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

it must be payback. i just remembered me and my little brother prying open my mom's eyes and going "you awake?"
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote