Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Cmstar20
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ec'ng Any advice or Help would be WONDERFUL

My dd is 10mnths old, and I have just recently started Ec'ng her! its not going so well, I have had alot of nekkid time, but she wont pee, than when I put a diaper on her she goes Is there any advice, you can give me some suggestions or any other things I can be doing besides nekkid time and giving Cues? I'm just Learning about it, so any thing would really help me out
THanks so much Mama's

Advertisement

Cmstar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ec'ng Any advice or Help would be WONDERFUL

I had the same problem when I started with my daughter. Even though she was several months younger! When she was naked she could hold it forever! Like 6 hours! I am not joking. Everyone would say things like "are you sure you didn't just not see her go?" And I wanted to smack them because I had spent all day just watching for pee! lol. You just have to keep at it until she goes. I just did not give in and put her diaper back on and eventually she will go and you will have a chance to put her on the potty. It just takes longer to train because you have so many fewer chances for teaching. It is very frustrating, but it only took 2 or 3 days for her to quit holding it so long. It is just conditioning from having gone only in a diaper for their whole life! So the muscles that let pee out won't relax and let it out when the dipe is not on until finally they just can't hold it in one second longer. After a couple days the muscles will "forget" that conditioned reflex to hold it in when naked and will start being conditioned to release only when clothes/dipe are off and when the noise is made. Hope that helps! Don't give up.
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
wrensmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a weird suggestion, but I'm not sure if it will help (I think I heard of someone doing this on this board before). While she is sitting on the potty and you know she has to go try to squirt some water on her down there. I use a cup and a bulb syringe and it sometimes works. It may or may not help, but it's worth a shot. Definitely stick with it though!
Good luck!

-heather
wrensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BTDT my niece will hold it if you put her on the potty and then get up and pee...for older dd we would run the water in the bathroom and if she had to go she would.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
wrensmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh yes! running water is good... I've also brought the potty in the bathroom and gone at the same time as her. She thought it was pretty funny.
wrensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
olstep
Registered Users
Formerly: MyVeryBest
seller

Or offer her something to drink. I do not know if drinking relaxes or just distruct them from trying to hard... it may work too.
olstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #7
shyanderson
Registered Users

Having the same problem with my son who is 10 months. He pooped on the floor the other day, I thought he was finished, but put him on the potty anyway to teach him, then he screamed so I took him off, then he pooped some more on the floor. This is after I have been trying to teach him to use the potty for over a week. Frustrating, but I have to keep with it.
shyanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #8
Cmstar20
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh thank goodness I dont feel so bad! my Silly dd isnt' the only little one out there, that holds it FOREVER, or starts to potty, and stops when I place her on the potty, than starts again after I take her off! I feel better, thanks for the advice, i'll stick with it, and see how it goes
Cmstar20 is offline   Reply With Quote