Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
iggyloo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What outdoor toys does your toddler LOVE??

The weather is finally starting to get nice, so we have been able to get outside almost everyday here. DD is 17 months, and I am not really sure what toys she would like for outside? I did get her a bucket, trowel, and rake and she has been loving just scooping dirt into the bucket!!

I was wondering if there were any cool toys that your toddler just loves outside?? Im looking for moderately priced, and something I can buy used. Thanks!!

Oh, and what age did you let your child use chalk where they were actually into it?

Advertisement

Momma to Lily Grace Ryan 10/22/07 and Avaya Kai 10/30/10 Expecting #3 11/5/2014
iggyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
beckscooper
Registered Users

Re: What outdoor toys does your toddler LOVE??

My DD last year loved the sand and water table, small little tyke slide and small pool.
beckscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
beckscooper
Registered Users

Oh, and as for the chalk, she was a year old when she first used it. The big thick sidewalk chalk.
beckscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
Kita
Registered Users
seller

My kids loved some sort of early ride-on toy that they could move with their feet (not a pedal bike). Bubbles and a kiddie pool were also very good choices. You can always fill a bucket with water and get some nesting cups and let them have fun with those, too. I also enjoyed pointing out worms, flies, bugs, or any small wildlife outside that they could observe.
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:

My kids have always loved the sand box! DD2 started using chalk around 16mos or so I guess. She likes it. We just got them a playscape(kinda like the little tikes hide & slide climber but maybe an older version of it?) We got it off craigslist and the kids love it! Sometimes dd2 like to take her pfrisher price gobble n go hippo out too. Oh and how could I forget balls!

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
kadas33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ds is 2 and he loves his sandbox. It was a big hit last year too. You can usually find them used for cheap. I got mine free, but spent about $15 for sand to fill it.
kadas33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

DS is 18mo. old and he likes anything that is a toddler sized replica of what big people use outside...rakes, shovels, watering cans, etc. If course, he likes the big people things better than the toys (got him his own little broom set, barely uses it but continues to pull out our broom and mop 500x/day). And sticks! He loves to play with sticks, the biggest ones he can find. We have a John Deere sit on tractor that he can push with his feet and a wagon for pushing or pulling, and a kettler trike that he likes, but usually he's pulling up grass, playing with big people stuff, or waving a stick around.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #8
doodah
Registered Users
seller

My dd loves her Cozy Coupe, slide, swing and also chasing anything like balls, frisbees, etc. We have a little camp chair and she likes to sit in there and look as books or color (Color Wonder paper and markers only)
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

sticks, rocks, dirt, trees, puddles, and mud lol

No, seriously. We really don't have any outside toys. Sometimes we have cups or pails that they take out and use with spoons or shovels. We do have a small trampoline (the kind many people have inside) and they have bikes (little ride on toy for the youngest) and they like chalk, though we don't have it very often.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote