Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
LanesMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
anybody have this problem?

My DSS vomits after nearly every meal. It doesn't matter what he eats. It doesn't matter the amounts that he eats. He has been on miralax to see if its because he is backed up- didn't help. He has been on prilosec/pepcid improved a little some days other days not at all. Last night he threw up in his mouth 7 times and in the toilet 6 times. It is not the flu. This has been going on for over 1 year. He has had a camera down his throat. biopsies of his stomach and small intestine, and live xray thing where he had to swallow some chalky stuff to see how it drained. Nothing has helped. Any ideas? Anybody else's kid have this problem. Oh he is 9 by the way.

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: anybody have this problem?

Have they tried checking for food allergies?
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
LanesMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He does not have food allergies of the main ones tested and of the household allergies is only allergic to dust mites and dander...
Old 03-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Has he been tested for Celiac's disease? It's kind of like an allergy, but not a true allergy. Anyway, it's gluten that's the problem in that. Gluten is in a lot more things than you would think. There's a blood test for it as well as scoping the intestines. Most of the time they do the blood test first.

It could be that he just has a sensitivity to something, but not a true allergy (meaning he doesn't break out in hives and it won't show on allergy testing). My youngest was diagnosed with food sensitivities as he had problems with several foods that didn't show on an allergy test. My oldest is sensitive to corn (corn flour, popcorn, cornmeal, just corn) and throws up any time he has too much. Too much for him, really isn't that much.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

No help, but so sorry your son has to go through that. I HATE getting sick, I can't imagine how terrible it must be for your baby

I hope they figure it out soon. to your son.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:29 PM   #6
HIOStarz4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug2003 View Post
Has he been tested for Celiac's disease? It's kind of like an allergy, but not a true allergy. Anyway, it's gluten that's the problem in that. Gluten is in a lot more things than you would think. There's a blood test for it as well as scoping the intestines. Most of the time they do the blood test first.

It could be that he just has a sensitivity to something, but not a true allergy (meaning he doesn't break out in hives and it won't show on allergy testing). My youngest was diagnosed with food sensitivities as he had problems with several foods that didn't show on an allergy test. My oldest is sensitive to corn (corn flour, popcorn, cornmeal, just corn) and throws up any time he has too much. Too much for him, really isn't that much.
Yes, this please check. I found out about this while going through my dads illness. This siunds exactly like what my friends hubby went through before they diagnosed him. Both their kids also have this, I am so sorry you both are going through this
Old 03-27-2009, 02:12 AM   #7
babygirlsmom1005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are leaning towards reflux, talk with your DSS's GI (and if he isn't seeing a pedi GI, get a referal to one) about doing a PH Probe Study (this study can last 12-24 hours and will record the number of episodes of reflux aswell as how acitic it is). There is a probe that is stuck up their nose and down into their esphogas that remains for the study and a little moniter that goes along with it.

Here are a few pics from my daughters last one done this past summer (she's had 3 done in her lifetime)

Marcie wife to Mike mom to Madeline 10/2005 , Marshall 4/2009 and surprise #3 due 9/2011
babygirlsmom1005 is offline   Reply With Quote