Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #21
selmada
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Early signs of twins?

I had no symptoms. I had not a drop of morning sickness.

They suspected multiples because of very high hcg levels and scheduled an u/s for 7 weeks that confirmed twins.

I grew faster, but that wasn't really noticable until after 3 months. Now at 29 weeks, I measure more than 40 weeks. My belly button still hasnt popped though. But my coworker, who is 5 full weeks behind me, is carrying her second and growing at almost the same rate I was and her belly button is already out. She is having only one for sure.

From what I've read, the only way to confirm is an u/s.

Advertisement

selmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #22
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I knew immediately that I was having twins. I was sick before I peed on the stick. I went to the doctor to confirm pregnancy and get morning sickness meds (too bad you can't get these in the states), and he sent me for an early ultrasound just in case, and twins were confirmed! I truly believe a sneaking suspician is a really good indicator!
33andunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #23
PsychicSandwich
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had NO morning sickness and I didn't feel any movement until 21-22 weeks. But I had an u/s at 7 weeks and there they were! I had a feeling it was twins though. Before we even started TTC I told everyone I was going to have twins, one boy and one girl. I don't think I expected it to actually happen, lol, but on some level I always knew.
PsychicSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #24
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
seller

My Mood:

Hehe! HERE was my thread when I first found out I was pregnant.

I had VERY bady M/S from about 7 weeks on, through 16ish- even threw up a few times, which for me is basically unheard of. With my first pregnancy, I had an icky feeling for the first few weeks, but nothing like this time around.

I also lost weight right in the beginning, which I did with my first, but last time it was all gained back by 10 weeks plus more, and this time, it took 18-19 weeks to even get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but my belly kept growing (seriously growing!)

I also felt movemnt early, around 14 weeks for sure, maybe a few flutters a week or two earlier than that even. Oh, and braxton hicks started around 14-15 weeks too.

And the tiredness! I couldn't even function with out a 2 hour nap and a full 8 hour night (which was possible because DD was still napping then, and sleeping through the night then too!)

Oh, and I had high levels in the beginning too (I had spotting, so they were checked and then checked again 3 days later)

I'm so curious to hear when you have your U/S! Good Luck!

SO, by symptoms, you are very similar to how I was in the beginning w/ this twin pregnancy, but it's so hard to go by symptoms... everyone adn every pregnancy can be SO different.

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #25
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first preg was twins. I knew around 14-15 weeks, comfirmed at 16 weeks by first U/S. My second preg I thought maybe b/c I was bigger faster, but just one since. My ms w/ my twins was minimal.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #26
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You mamas have all been so helpful. I had my scan today. I was truly surprised when the tech said there was only one baby in there. I really felt in my gut that there were two. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking. Thank you again for all of your input. Looks like I'm on the singleton train for this ride (is it strange that I find that mildly disappointing?).
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #27
sheoftensaid
Registered Users

I understand why you'd feel that way but congratulations on your new baby anyway

Last edited by sheoftensaid; 04-28-2009 at 06:56 PM.
sheoftensaid is offline   Reply With Quote