Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: I do not have a white picket fence...VENT!!

What do people say?
I doubt people are trying to be rude. Perhaps they are just projecting the way they would feel, slight disappointment in having another girl or they think they are sensing disappointment in you (not saying there is disappointment but perhaps people are just attempting to read you and are doing it incorrectly).

I went through a very similar experience when I found out I was having another boy. Some people asked almost immediately if I were going to try for a girl. I just figured that people lacked tact.

I like the response, "I am so excited to have another girl!" That should stave off some immediate responses.

ladylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm with ya' I have two boys and EVERYONE is pushing for us to have a girl now and we aren't even ttc yet. Secretly I guess I would like a girl but I wouldn't be upset if I had another boy. It is annoying, like something is wrong with having kids of all one gender. Have fun with your girls OP!
LesLee wife to Andy 8.2.02 SAHM to Evan 1.13.05 and Ryan 4.4.07 and Colt 4.26.11 and Anderson
on 1/3/14 and angel baby 2/14/15-6/11/15

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
Registered Users

Congratulations..families come in all sizes and shapes. People can be rude whether you have all girls, all boys or some of each.. After we had my first a boy my MIL ten minutes after seeing him says I really wished you had a girl are you having another soon (this was her first grandchild)..after I had my DD she says now you have one of each your done right (like there book ends or something)...last time she was here she told me I was getting too old to have anymore
SAHM to DS1 (6-05) , DD1 (12-06) , DD2 (08-08), DD3 (05-10), DD4 (3-13)
knittingk is offline   Reply With Quote