Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
uoducks
Registered Users

what is gripe water and does it work?

hi,
does anyone have experience with gripe water? What is it and what is it used for exactly? Is is for colic? Do you know where I can get it?

thnks
Laura

Advertisement

Wife to Dave, proud SAHM to our daughters Reagan, born April 3, 2007 and Karly, born 1/24/09
uoducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: what is gripe water and does it work?

Mostly it's dill water. There's several variations, but they're pretty much a mild herbal suspension.

It helped my DD with hiccups and some mild stomach upsets when she was little tiny.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #3
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ped recommended this particular one -- www.coliccalm.com -- and it definitely made a difference for DD! She was a preemie and had misc digestive issues -- would wake up squirming over and over, pulling her legs up, etc. Colic Calm was expensive, but worth it, imo. I don't know what about it the ped especially liked, but on the website you can read about its differences from other gripe waters out there. (I'm guessing some have one ingredient and others have another that it doesn't....)
Old 03-27-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gripe water was a lifesaver for us when DD was teeny. It's just a natural stomach soother whether it be for colic, digestion, etc. Smells like licorice! DD had a milk sensitivity and gripe water was the only thing that seemed to help her little stomach. Any pharmacy like CVS, Walgreens, etc should have it.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used gripe water in the beginning with DD#2 and it was great. We used Baby Bliss that I got from Walgreens. She seemed to have some stomach sensitivity issues, and it helped calm her down. I would totally recommend trying it to see if it helped. She is now almost 5 months old and we haven't used it in probably a month and a half. Many issues disappear as their digestive system matures.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:26 AM   #6
luvmyfluff
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love it!! Well, I should say my baby loves it. It helps with stomach irritations like sour stomach, acid reflux, it helped when she was teething, etc. My only aggravation is that it is so expensive here in the US. They sell it for about $2.50 a bottle in stores in Canada. I was going to order a case but the shipping was so expensive. Anyone in the Chicago/northern IL area want to get some and split shipping with me let me know (seriously though) The brand is Kolik gripe water and a friend brought me some from Canada once and it's great!

Laura
luvmyfluff is offline   Reply With Quote