Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help! I need plus size nursing tops!

I have literally spent HOURS searching for plus size nursing t-shirts. Just basic colored shirts. Motherhood doesn't have any plain ol t-shirts. I am taking yoga pants to the hospital to wear home and I really just want a basic tee to wear with them, since baby is due in May and it might be warm. Seriously, there has to be some, somewhere!

TIA!

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
kimpo76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! I need plus size nursing tops!

I don't know where they sell plus sized nursing tops, but maybe you could ask ds WAHM Chessie if she'll make you a custom sized tummy band that fits from the bottom of your nursing bra to your hips. Then you wouldn't have to buy a bunch of new T's, just wear the regular ones you already have. I wear one almost everyday for nursing and keeping my belly covered while doing it!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
Paulinemck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Motherwear, they have 1x & 2x
Paulinemck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
mamimapster
Registered Users
seller

I have a simple plain grey, short sleeved with side nursing slits that I would be willing to part with for 3.00 PPD ( basically FFS plus my gas to the post office)- it is labeled a large but I was able to wear it as a maternity shirt. I also have an XXL Blue Nursing Nightgown- longsleeved Blue Floral that I would also do for 5.00 PPD (again FFS & gas-this is a heavier item). I have pics if you are interested. I wore this once as Dd was a summer babe, and I'm not really a nightgown person.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
jessicap
Registered Users
seller

I have found after nursing 3 babies and now our 4th one is on the way a cheap and decent way for nursing shirts...

I just go and buy (forgive this term, I cannot stand it, but I don't know what they are actually called) the "wife beater" tank tops that are sold in the 2-3 packs in the mens department, I either cut holes where my breasts are or just pull the neckline down because the neckline is big enough in some of the sizes. When you cut the holes you don't have to sew anything because that material does not fray. Then I just wear my normal shirts over top. Not only does it give me awesome coverage over my breasts, but it covers my tummy and my back fat. Which those are 2 things I am more concerned about people seeing rather than my breasts...lol
jessicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #6
Rock A Buy Boutique
Registered Users
Formerly: Sgt.Slum
seller

My Mood:

motherhood plus:

http://www.motherhood.com/Product.as...tegory_Id=MC30

well apparently there is no plus sized nursing section... I just saw motherhood plus advertised in a magizine yesterday... so I thought of that when I saw the post... found a T-shirt... but no nursing wear? I was excited because I 'm nursing with some plus sized boobs... oh well

Last edited by Rock A Buy Boutique; 03-30-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Rock A Buy Boutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:20 AM   #7
thepinkdragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use Glamour Mom nursing tanks in size XXL under regular shirts most of the time. I wear a 40J nursing bra so you can imagine how hard it is to find nursing shirts. I have been nursing for a year and started as a size 18 and am now a size 11, so they should fit depending on what size you actually will wear PP. I bought 5 and they have been a life saver, I rarely ever wear nursing bras if I can help it.

thepinkdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! I am going to check these out!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #9
martimeCDnewbie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in canada but i scored big time at the Gap about a year ago and got great nursing tshirts....Gap maternity is limited in canada but i'm sure its better in the US. GL mama!

found the link http://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=15098
they go up to XXL . HTH

Last edited by martimeCDnewbie; 03-30-2009 at 06:11 PM.
martimeCDnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:02 AM   #10
jandss
Registered Users

My Mood:

i ran into this issue too! i took another's advice and have bought a few different colored tanks on sale at Old Navy (when they have specials, i can get cute ones/lots of color choices for 3-5.00). I either cut a slit over each breast or cut the armhole deeper on the sides. I can wear them layered under SS sweaters/wraps, or lightweight t shirts, depending on where the openings are. ON has some tanks now that 'wrap' in the front, and i find that easier sometimes. also, look for some 'wrap' or 'mock wrap' style shirts in your size, it's a popular style now and really easy for nursing! good luck!

Last edited by jandss; 03-31-2009 at 08:16 AM.
jandss is offline   Reply With Quote