Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
SamandAubreysmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Trying to decide on a b-day party theme for my kids combo party - help!

So, usually it's pretty easy coming up with a party theme for my kids party but this year I'm having a hard time and was hoping for some help. I combine my kids party...my son is turning 4 and my daughter is turning 2. He's super into super heros - spiderman, superman, mr. incredible, monsters v. aliens
my daughter is only turning two so she's really into whatever her brother is into...but she also really likes Scooby Doo and Curious George.
I would love to either do the same theme for both or something similar...am I over thinking this? I know I could probably just do spider man for both and my daughter wouldn't care but I feel like it wouldn't be special for her...more just that she was added onto his party...I have a little while to really decide but I am deciding about invitations right now which has caused me to feel like I need to decide. Does any of this make sense? Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement

Click here to start earning money back on all your e-bay purchases http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/fron...r=mandjpatrick
SamandAubreysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trying to decide on a b-day party theme for my kids combo party - help!

Are you set on having a "character" party?

What about Dora and Diego or a cartoon where there is a boy and girl character...
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do combined b-days for my b/g twins every year. Only once did it work out perfect: Tinkerbell and Peterpan. Most years I just buy a sheet cake and have the cake decorator do one theme on one half and the other on the other half. We have had cakes that are half spiderman, half princesses; half strawberry shortcake, half buzz lightyear.

This past year we did an art party and I just made cupcakes for everyone.

Ask your two year old what she wants and do a little of her thing and a little of your 4yr olds thing. That way they both feel special at their joint party!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just started having joint parties last year. This summer my kids will be 7 and 4. We had a Petting Zoo b-day party last year. We had just gotten our tax stimulus check and used part of it to have a petting zoo come to the house. I did feel it was a little more for my son though (He loves animals). But DD loved it too. There were even pony rides.

This year we're going to do Dora/Diego. I'm trying to squeze it in before DS outgrows it. He's a bit young for his age and love animals so I think it will go over well for them both. It should be fun.

Can you do a supper hero party and make sure to highlight some of the girl superheros for DD? At two she probably doesn't care, but I know how you feel.

My MIL hated that we did a joined party but it saved us a ton of money (or would have if we hadn't done the petting zoo thing). lol The b-days are only 2 weeks apart with DH and my dad's in between so we have to save where we can.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
SamandAubreysmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know it definitely doesn't need to go together...thanks for the reminder...maybe I'll just do spiderman and scooby doo...that would fit the bill for both....only issue is the invitations...hmmmm??

Click here to start earning money back on all your e-bay purchases http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/fron...r=mandjpatrick
SamandAubreysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #6
3Xblessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are buying invitations just buy a small package of both. Or you can make your own with a piece of colored cardstock and put a sticker from both themes on it.