Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2009, 05:27 AM   #1
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:
Mamas in South Korea, question for you!

What are you using for menstrual pads? I have a few with me because I use the Diva Cup for the most part. However, I have yeast infection which has me really irritated down there and using the Diva cup is making it even worse so I'm having to use my pads. I'm concerned about buying pads here (thus, the reason I got the Diva cup) because I'm REALLY sensitive to scented items (which is probably also why I'm especially irritated this cycle, since all we've had here has been scented toilet paper) and could use some suggestions. I have been considering getting cloth pads too and would love a reference if anyone has any. I know some who are willing to ship to Korea for a fee. I think I can probably get through this cycle but after that, I'm going to have to figure something else out probably. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Advertisement

My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:02 AM   #2
vickul
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mamas in South Korea, question for you!

I used GladRags most of the time I was there, but kept Kotex 화이트 프리미엄 on hand to use when traveling, etc. I can't guarantee that they're scent free, but never noticed any nasty perfumy chemical smell.

That said, it looks like cloth is making its way into the Korean market -- http://www.gmarket.co.kr/challenge_e...s_class_kind=S .
Old 03-31-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickul View Post
I used GladRags most of the time I was there, but kept Kotex 화이트 프리미엄 on hand to use when traveling, etc. I can't guarantee that they're scent free, but never noticed any nasty perfumy chemical smell.

That said, it looks like cloth is making its way into the Korean market -- http://www.gmarket.co.kr/challenge_e...s_class_kind=S .
So can you get the Kotex here? I think it would be okay as long as it doesn't say it is scented and has no strong odor. I think tampons would be more of an issue (and have been) but I don't want to take any chances either, I'm horribly allergic to Monistat and using scented tampons one time caused issues for me so I don't want to take a chance on getting something that specifically has deodorant in it.

I'm glad they are getting some cloth here, now I just have to figure out how to get those, I don't read Korean all that well. Thanks for the link!
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 AM   #4
lovemyzoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use the diva cup and preemie prefolds when needed.
I have seen pads here, they seem to be into more natural so I bet their pads aren't scented. I know some of the diapers have a good bit of English on them(used them when we 1st got here before going back to cloth) so I would bet if you looked the pads would too.