Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cravings and morning sickness= gender?

Did you ladies have different cravings and morning sickness with each pregnancy? Was it different for boys or for girls?

My nausea and cravings are exactly the same, so I'm curious to see if this is another boy!

Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
samham
Registered Users
seller

My initial cravings were a lot different. I had different morning sickness and everything. I was sure I was gonna be expecting a girl this time. Nope! Baby #2 was more than happy to show us he is a boy.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Cravings and morning sickness= gender?

I hope so! LOL My morning sickness was horrid with my girls, and this time it isn't as bad and I really hope that in 10 weeks we see a teeny little penis in there. (fingers crossed! LOL)
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Same exact cravings, but I had terrible *all-day* sickness with with DD for the first 20ish weeks, with DS just some mild nausea between 8-12 weeks.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
With the girls I had a touch of morning sickness the 1st tri and craved sweets the entire time and veggies during the 3rd tri. This time-a boy- I didnt have any morning sickness at all, craved spicy foods 1st and 2nd tri and now crave fish and sweets.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had the same morning sickness with both pregnancies. Lasted from 6 weeks until about 14 weeks. I had lots of specific cravings with pregnancy #1, this pregnancy I haven't craved anything at all. I had a harder time eating but now that the sickness is gone I just eat whatever I have. No running out for a specific item. Maybe because its not as convenient this time? I don't know but so far it looks like another boy for me!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had no morning sickness and really no cravings. I do have foods I like a little more but I don't really crave them: Orange juice, cheese, fruit.

I thought it was a boy because of no m/s but it's a girl. I had tons of people tell me I was having a boy because I didn't have any nausea or m/s. I really think every pregnancy is different regardless of baby's gender.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't think it matters. My doula has 3 children (girl, boy, girl) and never got sick with any of them.

My friend on the other hand never got sick with her boy and got sick for like 2 weeks with her girl.

I think it's just what we're prone to. I was sick with my girl and I think I felt the same with this baby, but it's hard to tell. Seems like it was less intense, but lasted longer.

as for cravings, never had them with DD and haven't had them with this baby yet either.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was more nauseated with girls than with my son. My cravings were different with each one.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
mmskids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use to think bad m/s and it was a girl. Hardly any was a boy. However the last 2 (this one and previous), I had little to no m/s. Both are girls.

I do find cravings are more pronounced with boys. Though this LO also is killing that since I've craved the same 3 things since 8w. So even that is now thrown out the window.