Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
mrsfive
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 kids 3 and younger and I want another already... anyone like me?

Yes, I had a dream that I was supposed to name Ephraim Ephraim - it was clear as day - like God spoke to me. Grace was the same - only it was not when I was pg - God told me 3 months before I got pg "you are going to have a girl an her name will be Grace" (I was planning on Elizabeth if I did have a girl but God had other plans!!
only times in my life that I can remember clear specific instructions - I know I would sound crazy telling this to non-believers!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
Yea...lol. Did you chose biblical names for biblical purposes, or just because you like them? I am going to a hospital. I had emailed a few midwives, but all of them rejected me because mine were too close together and I had complications. Plus licensing for midwifery ended in the 1970's in KY, so they can't practice in hospitals, and we do not have birthing centers, so it would have to be a homebirth. Needless to say I searched everywhere, and there is one doc. in KY that carries enough insurance to cover VBACS after up to 5 c/s!!!! Luckily he happens to be one hr. from me and not on the other side of the state. He is not a oby/gyn, he is a peritiantologist (sp?) that spealizes in high risk deliveries and preg. so they is all he does. So I will be having it at a hospital an hr. away. Yea I am fortuanate to have started young, and actually met someone and married when I was young. I couldn't imagine having any kids over 25, but I think the majority of plp do...lol. Well beg him, the faster you have them, then sooner you get it over with and loose all your baby weight permantly..lol.

Advertisement

mama behind Heart Mama Cloth
mrsfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:04 PM   #12
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 children 3 and under. I have a 3.5 year old and twin 15 month olds. I've been ready for the next for a while now. We are holding off till this summer, but I want to be pregnant now. It's scary for me because we do IVF and definitely could have twins again, so if we had twins again we would have 5 children 4 and under. That's one of the biggest reason we haven't done another transfer already. Just in case it's twins again, we wanted to put a little more space between them. They would be over 2 now though, so I'm definitely more than ready. Bring on the babies!!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:44 PM   #13
mrsfive
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! 5 children 4 and under would be tough!! There is a lady in my MIL's neighborhood that is a pediatrician and she did IVF and she said it gave her cancer - is that true? Can that cause cancer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
I have 3 children 3 and under. I have a 3.5 year old and twin 15 month olds. I've been ready for the next for a while now. We are holding off till this summer, but I want to be pregnant now. It's scary for me because we do IVF and definitely could have twins again, so if we had twins again we would have 5 children 4 and under. That's one of the biggest reason we haven't done another transfer already. Just in case it's twins again, we wanted to put a little more space between them. They would be over 2 now though, so I'm definitely more than ready. Bring on the babies!!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:55 PM   #14
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfive View Post
Wow! 5 children 4 and under would be tough!! There is a lady in my MIL's neighborhood that is a pediatrician and she did IVF and she said it gave her cancer - is that true? Can that cause cancer?
Well, I don't know what hormones she took, but taking any synthetic hormone can, especially estrogen. It's a risk I'm willing to take. I figure, estrogen ups my risk for breast cancer, but nursing lowers it. So far, I've nursed 3 kids and I plan to nurse all the rest too. Plus, I don't need to take birth control which also ups your risk. So, maybe it balances. For me, I only had to do one fresh cycle. The rest are all frozen and don't require nearly as many hormones. I mean, it's bad enough I can't have kids without help, but just to pour salt in my wound, I also have to pay more $$ than I have, go through all types of tests and procedures, give myself shots and hormones, and put myself at risk for cancer to boot. But, honestly, if we want kids of our own (which we obviously do), what choice do we have? I just don't think about it. There are too many other things involved to worry about that too. They are worth it.

Realistically, I probably won't have 5 kids 4 and under. More likely than not, I'll have a singleton. I will hope for twins since they will transfer 2 babies (they are all my babies and I want them all to survive), but even though it's quite possible, it's more likely it will only be 1 this time. A mama can dream though can't she?

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 03-31-2009 at 10:58 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:47 AM   #15
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope, I'm the opposite. I think my twins will be my first and last. More power to ya, though.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #16
mrsfive
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well hopefully all of that risk will pass you by. You sound very devoted and your family is lucky Best of luck with the next round! I hear after 3 the rest is easy anyhow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Well, I don't know what hormones she took, but taking any synthetic hormone can, especially estrogen. It's a risk I'm willing to take. I figure, estrogen ups my risk for breast cancer, but nursing lowers it. So far, I've nursed 3 kids and I plan to nurse all the rest too. Plus, I don't need to take birth control which also ups your risk. So, maybe it balances. For me, I only had to do one fresh cycle. The rest are all frozen and don't require nearly as many hormones. I mean, it's bad enough I can't have kids without help, but just to pour salt in my wound, I also have to pay more $$ than I have, go through all types of tests and procedures, give myself shots and hormones, and put myself at risk for cancer to boot. But, honestly, if we want kids of our own (which we obviously do), what choice do we have? I just don't think about it. There are too many other things involved to worry about that too. They are worth it.

Realistically, I probably won't have 5 kids 4 and under. More likely than not, I'll have a singleton. I will hope for twins since they will transfer 2 babies (they are all my babies and I want them all to survive), but even though it's quite possible, it's more likely it will only be 1 this time. A mama can dream though can't she?

Old 04-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #17
TwinsMake9
Registered Users
seller

Hello and welcome to DS!

When baby number 12 comes in a couple months we will have 5 children ages 3 and under!! Its going to be interresting to say the leaset but will be a great change as this is a single and the last 2 pregnancies were both twins! The older set are 3 1/2 and next set are almost 20 months.

I have always wanted a large family and my Dh is all for it! He is the baby of 13. I really dont know how many we will have as I always get that lil itch and look at that newborn and just know I am not done yet! I know it sounds silly but thats how it is.

Our oldest is almost 18 and will graduate this year and move on to college. We have 7 girls now and 4 boys and this one is a lil surprise as we dont know the gender. So far, I have been hugely blessed and all were born vaginally although both sets of twins gave us a scare and almost ended up a CS for one reason or another!!

Good Luck what ever you decide!! There are actually lots of big families on here!!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #18
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well, I just come to this board to read because I don't think going-on-three consitutes "many". LOL But Abby turns 3 in May, Emmett is 17 mos and we're due in July. We would have had 3 under 3, but we miscarried a child before getting pregnant witht his one. Anyway, I KNOW this isn't our last child. I can't see us stopping at three at all. And we've always said at least four.

Our first two are almost 17 mos apart, then the second and third will be 21 mos apart.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #19
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to smile at your thread, mama! My kiddos are not as close in age as yours. (God seems to have spaced them a tad under 2 years apart.) But I do share your sentiment! As soon as one is born, I'm excited about the next baby...even pregnancy! With my #1, the hospital staff thought that I was crazy for talking about more children just minutes after delivering. It's not some strange obsession or anything, I just LOVE the blessings that God brings.
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #20
mammaof??
Registered Users

My Mood:

i have 4 that are 2 and under which is cuckoo, but i can't bring myself to say that i am done or do not want another. my oldest is also 7 and i have 7 kiddos. i love love love being pregnant. if another baby were to come our way, we would probably birth unassisted b/c my midwife is moving out of the state. we'll see...

good luck to you and welcome!

Mama to my amazing 8: 9, 7, 6, 4, 4 2, 2, AND Newbie, born 5/30/11- last 6 all born at home. Loving the babymoon!
mammaof?? is offline   Reply With Quote