Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
GRRRRRRR.... I'm going to throw all the toys away and no more sippy straw cups!!!!!!!

I'm telling your, these 'terrific' twos are going to be the end of me!!!

Between the knock down drag out tantrums, throwing toys when he doesn't get his way, hitting, kicking and pushing over his brother, and dumping out his drinks all.the.time . . . I am going to have no hair or sanity left!!!!!!!

I just want to get rid of all the toys and I guess I'm going to have to stand right over him every time he wants a drink.

I am seriously going crazy. I'm so tired of this being a battle every single day for months now!

Everyone keeps telling me 'this too shall pass', but I'm really starting to not believe it

Sorry to rant and vent, I'm just extremely frustrated right now!

Advertisement

Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: GRRRRRRR.... I'm going to throw all the toys away and no more sippy straw cups!!!

i hear ya! its rough! everyone also tells me it shall pass, then they add in just how"wonderful" (sarasm) the 3's are =(
Old 03-31-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
Re: GRRRRRRR.... I'm going to throw all the toys away and no more sippy straw cups!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym91005 View Post
i hear ya! its rough! everyone also tells me it shall pass, then they add in just how"wonderful" (sarasm) the 3's are =(
Great!

I'm so at a loss.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
valsblondies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So- take away the toys if thrown and the sippys can be for the table only.
valsblondies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
Terra
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valsblondies View Post
So- take away the toys if thrown and the sippys can be for the table only.
Pretty much we've already done that! He basically went the whole day without one toy.

And we're pretty much thinking we are going to do that with drinks like you said.

The last few days I've just had a sippy out all the time with water because he's sick and I'm trying to keep fluids in him.

If nothing else, it all keeps me on my toes!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
Kita
Registered Users
seller

It really will pass. One of my twins went through that phase, and I swear, it took a few years. Then, I had my youngest, and he's still going through it. Except he takes out his frustrations on his brothers a lot, which is very sad.

I did take the toys away that got thrown, and put them in a visible spot that couldn't be reached. It took a while, but my older son got the hang of it. I'm sure yours will too.

Hang in there, mama.
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:23 AM   #7
Terra
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
It really will pass. One of my twins went through that phase, and I swear, it took a few years. Then, I had my youngest, and he's still going through it. Except he takes out his frustrations on his brothers a lot, which is very sad.

I did take the toys away that got thrown, and put them in a visible spot that couldn't be reached. It took a while, but my older son got the hang of it. I'm sure yours will too.

Hang in there, mama.

I like that idea! He may be bored and made for a few weeks, but it may start sinking in!