Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #21
Zabibaby
Registered Users
Formerly: rose_hesh
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sick of boyfriend thinking I'm picking on his son!

your computer ...your rules..
your soda and junk food ...your rules

I buy soda here and set limit on the amount they can drink, I am very firm with this, just 8oz per kid.
ABout the computer, just 30 minutes of play in the afternoon after the schoolwork, and another 30 minutes later if the evening if their chores were made.

Advertisement

Visit Zabi Babyfor all your diapering needs. Nikky Covers, Weehuggers, GroVia, Little Comfort, Bum Genius and more. Our own sized Indian prefolds. Lay Away and Free shipping on most items. Licensed to embroider Ooga Booga. Coupon code DSM5 - 10% off Try our new bamboo flats!
Zabi Baby on Facebook
Zabibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess its all a matter of perspective. I door on the front of the computer looking a bit wonky wouldn't phase me or cause me to discipline the boy. As for him drinking the soda..well if he is a member of the household then he has free rein to eat or drink anything in the house he wants. Sounds like your ticked that you paid for something you didn't get a chance to enjoy. Who knows maybe he didn't drink it all but spilled some...would that make a difference?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #23
elephantine
Registered Users
seller
seller

He is just a kid, you have to keep reminding yourself of that when you get angry. My older sister and I were chubby preteens and we whined about our feet hurting or being hungry or thirsty etc etc and we could kill a full pantry/fridge QUICK-- *totally* normal.

I hit my growth spurt between 12 and 13 and slimmed out and became athletic etc so the same could happen with this child -- someone should be encouraging him... what are his talents? What are his favorite things? Does anyone care? How are his grades? Someone needs to be there for him telling and showing him he is loved and special and worth something.

At age 14 my dad's computer crashed and I had been the last to use it -- so I was blamed for it and banned from touching his computer again... maybe it was my fault, but I don't really see how... if they had let me I would have been on the computer all day too.. so most of what you're saying sounds like totally normal teen behavior and while setting limits and communicating and disciplining if necessary is all fine -- it should be done without resentment and in an effort to help this 12 year old kid become the best individual he can be.

Raising kids is work... hard work... really freaking hard with some kids.. expecting it to be easy at any point along the way is just not realistic IMO.

... off to take my own advice!
elephantine is offline   Reply With Quote