Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #11
jraejohnson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: need help...poop/gas question

my son has (and still does btw) a milk allergy full blown anaphalysis (sp?) and there was never blood in his stool so I wouldn't go by just that. but all the symptoms you suggested tell me milk allergy. the symptoms sound just like I remember when I had my first son. alimentum still has trace amounts of milk they are just broken down into tiny particles it may be that even though they are very broken down they could still be affecting your lo you may need neocate which is an amino acid formula prescription only, this saved my son's life. it could also be that your lo has some reflux issues as well especially since you said there was a lot of forceful spitting up through the nose. I would give the alimentum a little more time. it can the up to 2 weeks for an allergen to leave the body ie if you were feeding a milk based formula before it is going to take awhile for the proteins to leave baby's body maybe even 2 weeks for it fully be cleaned out of system (hope that makes sense). as far as the bms go alimentum generally makes stools runny at least that has been my experience you can stimulate baby's anus with a q tip and vaseline or a rectal thermometer you can also offer apple or prune juice and see if that helps. however, i would not recommend karo for the scare of botulism (I know they used to recommend it and now they don't) you can also use if it has been a long time since bm a a child's suppoistory or half of one. i really hope your lo gets better

Advertisement