Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #21
mom23boys
Registered Users
seller

Re: How much harder is it going from 1 child to 2?

Wow, 2-3 was a piece of cake. . . 1-2 was a nightmare. Maybe because 1-2 were closer in age. By the time 3 came around, the bigger boys were 3.5+. One is easy - you sleep when they do, there are 2 parents to one kid. #2 didn't do things at the same time so I was always tired, he didn't sleep well but I couldn't nap because of #1 etc. #3 is just an easy baby though he loves to do everything his brothers do, and that's not always age appropriate! What other 1.5 year old yells Star Wars and runs around the house waving an invisible light saber?

Advertisement

mom23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:12 PM   #22
isis0821
Registered Users
seller

I am in the same boat as you! I was so close to my brother growing up that I couldn't imagine DS not having a sibling, whereas DH was an only child until he was 10, and I know that he felt like his brother "stole" his mom's love away from him. So, now he's projecting that onto our DS and says "I want to give all my love to one child." He doesn't realize that your love only grows for another child, it doesn't get divided. DS is now 22 months old and I'd like to start trying again, but DH won't even talk about it. I've started to think that I might just have to "forget" to take my pill a few nights, but I don't want to trick him into having another baby.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:17 PM   #23
alanapaige
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i had no problems. but this is coming from someone who babysat a 3month old, 8 month old, 18 month old, and had my 2 year old all while i was preg with #2. so just having 2 around the house was kinda nice. financially it hasnt hit us yet really, we kinda prepared pretty good as far as clothes and stuff go. itll probably hit us more when hes eating table food and we have to start buying his clothes again.
alanapaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #24
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets View Post
For me it was so! much harder going from 0 to 1 then 1 to 2. DD2 just kinda fall right into place. DD1 was 2.5 at the time dd2 was born. It was easier for me because I already had experience with sleepless nights, the crying, the no schedule of any kind for months on end, the tantrums, ect ect ect Since I had previous experience with that I already knew what to expect so it wasnt such a shock to my system Now I was worried about getting out of the house with 2. Goodness just getting out with 1 and the diaperbag was stressful but 2? Come to find out it wasnt a big deal lol I already had a diaperbag so just through in another-smaller -diaper and a bottle and I was good to go. after a few months I even ditched the bag and just started leaving extra clothes/diapers in the car so all I had to worry about was my purse and getting us dressed(I'm low mantiance and dd1 can dress herself so it takes about 15mins to get us all out the door). We do worry about paying for college and weddings, ect but we can only do what we can do. Hopefully, we will succeed in raising our children to be thankfully for what they have. Having our 2 girls has been so wonderful and we are so grateful for them we are considering having a third. I see it like this, I might regret not having another child but I would never reget having another child.
Did I write this? my thoughts exactly!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #25
vickieboggs
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I think it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life.

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #26
irish_twins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For me going from 1 to 2 was much more difficult, but mine are VERY close. Someone once told me that the first 12 months were easy. And I thought yeah right, but they are easier because the difficulty in more than one is that they fight. They fight over EVERYTHING. It's a constant competition. That said... they play. They genuinely enjoy and rely on each other. They get into trouble, the second does everything faster, but I couldn't imagine one without the other. Also... being a parent is easier because you're more relaxed. I'm capable of 10x amount of things I could do 4 years ago. Good luck.

Last edited by irish_twins; 04-01-2009 at 06:24 PM.
irish_twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #27
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

It honesly wasn't that hard for us. But then again, my DD's are 5 years apart.

My oldest was VERY self-sufficient by the time her baby sis arrived. Plus, she'd been wanting a sibling since she could talk, so it wasn't something she has resented. Occasionally she does get a little attention hungry, but she will let me know and she NEVER takes it out on her sissy.

Hopefully they will continue to get along so well. I'm a little worried about once the baby starts walking, but I think it will be okay.

I don't know how I would have handled it if they were closer in age. Probably not-so-good
Old 04-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #28
Jubilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hard, but it's a smooth transition

just watch your temper with #1 if they at all bully #2...i would go from 0 to 60 with anger when she acted out like a normal 2 year old
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #29
waa510
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickieboggs View Post
I think it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life.
My sentiments exactly. That's not to say I regret my decision at all...just that I never could have anticipated how much different my life would be on a day-to-day basis. It's not like twice the work. It's like 5 times. But I'm a single-thanks-to-the-military (deployed Dh) mama of a high needs, strong-willed 2.5 year old, and a very clingy, dependent lives-in-her-Babyhawk almost 5 month old so maybe I'm not the best person to ask.. I think the age and temperament of your oldest can REALLY set the stage for how easy of a time you have. As well as how organized/multi-task-y you are. I am very disorganized so that makes it SO hard, since having 2 and balancing them goes against my nature, if that makes sense. HTH you decide..-Whit
Old 04-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #30
AdeliaGreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you again ladies I watch my friends 22 month old most week days so know what it's like with two kids. It's hard because my daughter and the one I watch are pretty much at the same stage and hit their milestones close together. It's hard when they fight over things, but I try to be fair and we're starting discipline (ie: sitting in the corner or taking away toys). Maybe this experience makes me feel more ready, but DH doesn't have this experience as he's working during the day so he isn't ready?
AdeliaGreen is offline   Reply With Quote