Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #1
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Exclamation OMG, his ..... is BLEEDING?!!!

I'm trying really hard not to freak out right now-I just changed my son's diaper and there was a bit of blood in it so I looked at his p#n#s (I bleeped it out so I wouldn't get censored), and blood is on it-I wiped it off and it looks like its coming from the top side of it, and not internally, but when I wiped it, more appeared-not a lot, like what you'd get from a hang nail and he's acting normal-what should I do?! He doesn't seem to be in pain but I've never had this happen before. It almost looks like a small cut? But I don't have any idea how it got there-he is circumsized and has not had any problems before-this is so weird!

Advertisement

myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
DommysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OMG, his ..... is BLEEDING?!!!

Not sure if it's possible, but did he reach his hand in there? My son (though he's 2) sticks his hand down his diaper all the time, and it's possible your DS just scratched it? Or maybe dropped something small in there and it cut him? If he's not hurt, I wouldn't worry too much. Keep an eye on it, but try not to panic.
Maybe a spur or something got stuck in the diaper?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #3
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DommysMommy View Post
Not sure if it's possible, but did he reach his hand in there? My son (though he's 2) sticks his hand down his diaper all the time, and it's possible your DS just scratched it? Or maybe dropped something small in there and it cut him? If he's not hurt, I wouldn't worry too much. Keep an eye on it, but try not to panic.
Maybe a spur or something got stuck in the diaper?
ok, you calmed me down I instantly started thinking something was horribly wrong but I'm sure its fine-he was actually wearing a sposie, the first he's worn since he was a nb (found it cleaning out the bathroom closet and couldn't throw it away since I already had paid for it )-he also had a dirty diaper so maybe something in his poo was abrasive? Its such an odd place to get a cut though! I'm going to keep a close eye on it and just leave it alone-if it does not stop bleeding in a bit, I'll call his pediatrician.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
DommysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know all about the panic first, then explanations later. Us mommies are so quick to think the worst has happened to our little babies! I've opened DS1's diaper to find crumbs, dirt, abrasive poo, a corner of a phonebook (that he had eaten!) mandarin orange pollups still juice (doesn't digest the stuff), pebbles, and he's constantly got his hand down there. How I don't open a diaper to blood is beyond me! With the stuff he does to it, it should be a constant occurance!
I'd def call the ped if it doesn't seem to get better!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
Mama2acrew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had this happen with my ds (first one of FIVE boys to do this to me!) scared me to death! I could not see a cut, as he is not circumsized. SO! It kept bleeding and I thought at first it was a scratch from his fingernail... But I took him to the doc who looked and said it was not coming from *within (I was worried that it was a kidney infection or something). It turns out that it happens all the time and it is common :::sigh::: I had no idea! They said it was a diaper rash type thing without the rash. Just put some bacitracin on it a couple times a day and it was gone in a day. About a month later, I saw him scratch himself with the exact same results! Again, I used neosporin that time and it was gone in a couple days.
Before I did anything the first time, I came here too! I asked if anyone knew what it could be I had no idea!!! So, I am glad someone else is asking here too!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2acrew View Post
I had this happen with my ds (first one of FIVE boys to do this to me!) scared me to death! I could not see a cut, as he is not circumsized. SO! It kept bleeding and I thought at first it was a scratch from his fingernail... But I took him to the doc who looked and said it was not coming from *within (I was worried that it was a kidney infection or something). It turns out that it happens all the time and it is common :::sigh::: I had no idea! They said it was a diaper rash type thing without the rash. Just put some bacitracin on it a couple times a day and it was gone in a day. About a month later, I saw him scratch himself with the exact same results! Again, I used neosporin that time and it was gone in a couple days.
Before I did anything the first time, I came here too! I asked if anyone knew what it could be I had no idea!!! So, I am glad someone else is asking here too!!!
I just changed him and its stopped bleeding so I'm ok now I can't even really see a cut, but it just looked like it was coming from along side the internal slit (sorry, way to much info!). He's his happy normal self so I'm just going to leave it alone and see what happens.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
Mama2acrew
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoalmost3 View Post
I just changed him and its stopped bleeding so I'm ok now I can't even really see a cut, but it just looked like it was coming from along side the internal slit (sorry, way to much info!). He's his happy normal self so I'm just going to leave it alone and see what happens.
Yup! My ds was fine too. It was me that was freaking out I had never ever opened a diaper to blood and it just threw me over the edge!
Glad your ds is doing good! It will probably heal all on its own.