Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
mommyfrog
Registered Users

can cloth night time underwear paid for by insurance?

I just found out that my kids' insurance will pay for pullups or goodnights for kids over 3 who still wet the bed. My four year old still wets a lot every night so I'm going to contact them about it. What I was wondering is if anyone has had any luck getting an insurance company to pay for cloth night time trainers instead of sposies? If so, how did you accomplish it? I'm thinking it would be way cheaper for them in the long run, but would that work as a good arguement?

ETA: I hope it was okay to post this here. I know technically it's not a special needs question, but I figured mamas here might be more knowledgable in this area. Thanks.

Advertisement

Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)

Last edited by mommyfrog; 04-02-2009 at 09:00 AM.
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: can cloth night time underwear paid for by insurance?

To my knowledge, your child has to have a diagnosed disability and the diapering needs have to be caused from that disability in order to get diapering funds by MA.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
mommyfrog
Registered Users

I thought that too, but the letter I read yesterday said they would pay for pullups or goodnights after age 3, so 4 or older. I think wetting the bed after a certain age, and being completely potty trained during the day, is a medical problem. My dd will likely wet the bed until at least 6 according to her dr, and possibly longer. i was just wondering if anyone had any success in getting them to pay for cloth instead of sposie. She gets excema like rashes on her butt cheeks from pullups. At least she did last time I bought a pack last summer. She's been in cloth at night for over a year, but I can't afford night time trainers, so she's been using FB. She's outgrowing the larges, we only have two X-larges (which are getting threadbare) and she hates to put on a diaper. She cries every night "I'm not a baby". It's upsetting. Anyway, I think I may just have to go for it. If they won't do it, I'll just keep using the FB until they fall completely apart.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
katedanzer
Good things come in small packages
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you can get the dr to write a letter of medical need, then you should be able to get diapers for your daughter. Then you can petition with your insurance to get them to pay for cloth vs disposables. It can be done, I got a portion of E's grant last year for cloth. If you want to pm me, I can forward the letter I wrote for requesting cloth diapers.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
momandwife
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyfrog View Post
I just found out that my kids' insurance will pay for pullups or goodnights for kids over 3 who still wet the bed. My four year old still wets a lot every night so I'm going to contact them about it. What I was wondering is if anyone has had any luck getting an insurance company to pay for cloth night time trainers instead of sposies? If so, how did you accomplish it? I'm thinking it would be way cheaper for them in the long run, but would that work as a good arguement?

ETA: I hope it was okay to post this here. I know technically it's not a special needs question, but I figured mamas here might be more knowledgable in this area. Thanks.
That's awesome benefits.
momandwife is offline   Reply With Quote