Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #161
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: WIC Situation..we lost it

mama, you deleted part of your post so I can't tell which formula you were trying to get approved for, but part of the problem might be related to a email I got yesterday ( I work at a place that sells wic items). The email stated that one of the hypoallergenic formulas is being discontinued by the manufacturer and therefore will not be covered by wic anymore. It is being reintroduced under another name and formula and they aren't sure how/if it will be covered yet.

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #162
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

omg thats crazy!!
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #163
*Ashley*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG! I can't believe you lost it. Hugs!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #164
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: WIC Situation..you're not gonna believe it

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliankenziesmama View Post
we lost our wic today because I got a $10 a month raise What a catch 22. I am gonna talk to my boss to see if they can maybe do something.
Aww man, when it rains it pours. This, sadly, is the one big issue I have against government programs, they sort of keep you between a rock and a hard place because there is this HUGE area where you make too much for the program but not enough to be able to afford things on your own. It really bites and many people just then find a way to not make enough money so that they can get the help because it's definitely not easy to get to where they can make enough to go without the help. We ran into that a lot too and finally, that was one of the reasons we left the US, we just reached a point where we were never going to get out of that spot without doing something huge and drastic.
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:53 AM   #165
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wish I had some good suggestions, but we've never been anywhere near the cutoff! Maybe post your budget in thrifty moms and they can see where you can cut back and tweak things? Maybe there is something you can cut back on?
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #166
i&a's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WIC Situation..you're not gonna believe it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATTYBATSMOM View Post
Aww man, when it rains it pours. This, sadly, is the one big issue I have against government programs, they sort of keep you between a rock and a hard place because there is this HUGE area where you make too much for the program but not enough to be able to afford things on your own. It really bites and many people just then find a way to not make enough money so that they can get the help because it's definitely not easy to get to where they can make enough to go without the help. We ran into that a lot too and finally, that was one of the reasons we left the US, we just reached a point where we were never going to get out of that spot without doing something huge and drastic.