Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:26 AM   #11
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: WIC Changes? Near Tears

OMG mama if you can relactate then do it! It will def help so much with your babys problems.

Advertisement

WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #12
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

I just called the WIC office and pretended to need to enroll my baby. I was told I needed to have a script for special formula.
She said its up to the dicretion of the nutritionist to see if the diagnosis fits the formula
I am totally confused
Old 04-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #13
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWasIThinking View Post
OMG mama if you can relactate then do it! It will def help so much with your babys problems.
Gonna look into it. I have to figure out something about a pump...I sold mine to a mama on here we totally can't afford one right now.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #14
mgwrhawke
Registered Users

i have some of those $5 checks. they have my name, but i can send them to you if you need. it's similac right? I use the soy similac, but it sounds like you need the help. also, sometimes when $ is tight i bid on new/sealed cans off of ebay. do they have anything on there?
mgwrhawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #15
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasmom92905 View Post
She said its up to the dicretion of the nutritionist to see if the diagnosis fits the formula
I am totally confused
It sounds like the person that told you no didn't care at all about the medical script. They were just being a butt! Go back and DEMAND that your child be allowed to use the special formula. Nutritionist are not medical doctors. They shouldn't be trying to figure out a diagnosis at all. Your Pedi's job was to do that. He did by giving a script.
On a side note..most states make deals with formula companies that is why individual states push different formulas.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
amielia80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hi mama I am so sorry they are being like that it is awful to be treated that way! Anyway I have a similac check I would love to send you....pm me with you address!

Last edited by amielia80; 04-03-2009 at 07:35 AM.
amielia80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:35 AM   #17
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneyhawke@gmail.com View Post
i have some of those $5 checks. they have my name, but i can send them to you if you need. it's similac right? I use the soy similac, but it sounds like you need the help. also, sometimes when $ is tight i bid on new/sealed cans off of ebay. do they have anything on there?
Thanks for the suggestion. I am gonna check there and craiglist too.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:49 AM   #18
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not sure if you have looked into it at all but goats milk can be used for babies as well.

My nephew was having trouble with everything including some that was well over $20 a can (seems it was close to $30 )

Anyhoo,I did some research for SIL so she could have some facts (I had used it but wanted to have proof for her that it is okay) Anyhoo,she made the switch to goats milk and my nephew had no problems with it and grew like he should.Quite a chubber actually! Her pedi kept saying that he wouldn't get what he needed but every time they drew blood all results were normal.Goats milk compares the most closely to human breats milk from what I have been able to find.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #19
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
seller

do you still have that info mama?
Old 04-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #20
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasmom92905 View Post
Gonna look into it. I have to figure out something about a pump...I sold mine to a mama on here we totally can't afford one right now.
Have you tried to see if your baby will latch on? You may not need a whole lot of help to get things going again

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote