Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-04-2009, 06:21 AM   #1
hpalmatier
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help!! Trying to decide between Maclaren Triumph and Chicco C6

Help! I have been researching a new very lightweight stroller. I am trying to decide between the Maclaren Triumph and the Chicco C6. We have the Chicco Travel System and I absolutely love it. I am wondering if anyone knows the differences between the 2? My son is almost 6 and a half months old and weighs a little over 20lbs. He is a big boy. The travel system stroller is just too big for small outings and stuff. Please if you have any information about the 2 which you like better and why I would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Advertisement

hpalmatier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
CamilikinsMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Help!! Trying to decide between Maclaren Triumph and Chicco C6

I don't have either, but I do have a Mac Quest that I LOVE! The Maclaren brand is such good quality I don't think my stroller is ever going to wear out!
CamilikinsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
mcbruhn
Registered Users

I have a Triumph that I LOVE! Such a great design and so durable. Jillian's Drawers was having a clearance on them--maybe just this weekend--and prices are great. Don't know about the Chicco.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like the Triumph because it is light, and the carry strap is great. I would buy it again, hands down.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
Monzie
Registered Users

We have the Chicco and its a pretty great lightweight. I bought it for travel and have gate-checked it at the airport several times with no trouble. Its not like a crappy $12 umbrella stroller at all. But its super light and folds down fairly easily. Takes up very little room in the back of the car too. And its great for bigger kids (my son is 18 months old and very tall and almost 30 pounds). There are a few cons.... The canopy is pretty flimsy, the wheels are hard plastic (so the ride is rough) and the harness is not very adjustable. But, overall, its a very nice stroller.

We also have a MacLaren....a Techno XL, which is a step up from the Triumph. Its also considered a "lightweight" stroller but its in a totally different league than the Chicco. It has much more padding and the the harness is fully adjustable and much more secure. The Techno has bigger, rubber wheels and some suspension, so it has a much smoother ride.

Basically, I'd say if a $12 umbrella stroller is like an old VW Bug....the Chicco is like a new VW Bug....and the MacLaren is a BMW.

Oh, and if you have a BRU in your area, they carry both the Chicco and the MacLaren, so you can try them out before you decide. I wasn't totally sold on the Chicco until I actually compared it with a conventional, cheapie umbrella stroller. Once I had the opportunity to stick my kid in it and roll it around the store for a while, I knew it was worth the extra money.
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
hpalmatier
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have always used just the cheap old umbrella strollers and the cheaper travel systems. we went with the chicco travel system which i absolutely love. But i have seen a lot of people on here say how good the maclarens are and i want one that if we decide to have another sometime that it will last through that one too.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
hpalmatier
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Monzie is the techno XL just as light as like the chicco? the maclarens dont have the bag that the chicco has but it has some kind of strap to carry it once its folded?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #8
hpalmatier
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whats the difference between the Techno XL and triumph?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #9
Monzie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpalmatier View Post
Monzie is the techno XL just as light as like the chicco? the maclarens dont have the bag that the chicco has but it has some kind of strap to carry it once its folded?
My Mac is a few pounds heavier than the Chicco and quite a bit bigger. Its still much smaller than a regular "travel system" stroller, though. The Mac has several pockets and a decent-sized basket underneath. The Chicco just has a teeny little net on the bottom that isn't really big enough for anything.

You can buy a carrying bag for the Maclarens, but they don't come with one. They *do* have a carrying handle built into them, though, and a detachable shoulder strap. And you should be aware that the Chicco bag is only thin material, just ripstop nylon, and kinda hard to get the stroller into. It really just keeps the stroller from getting grungy but isn't really meant to protect it from getting crushed or banged up.
Monzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:45 AM   #10
hpalmatier
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

monzie, do you know the diff. between the techno and the triumph? just a bigger stroller?