Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
bcafe
Registered Users

My Mood:
Front load washer-sanitize cycle?

Does the water get too hot on this cycle? I have mostly pockets. We purchased a new Samsung and I believe the water gets to be around 160 F. Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Front load washer-sanitize cycle?

For like 8 months always washed my diapers on sanitize - used pockets with pf inserts. Never had any problems at all. Then I just discovered my diapers did just as well just washed on hot and saved a little on the electric bill so I only wash on sanitize now if dd has been sick or had lots of poopies.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
elkakos@yahoo.com
Registered Users

If I run my washer on sanitize cycle tha is like 1 hr 25 minutes, water really never gets that hot, especially that everything was rinsed before with cold water. the water only gets really hot on stain cycle that is like 2 hrs long. 110V heaters just take so much time to heat tha water. For me sanitize/stain cycle is great to run on MF inserts from time to time.
elkakos@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
Mitchell'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never used the sanitize cycle for my pockets. Only my inserts and doublers, and a few prefolds. I do it about once a month with a little bleach to keep any stink or bacteria at bay. I don't know that it's really necessary but it makes me feel good.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We wear all fitteds and wool here. I was all my diapers and inserts on the sanitary cycle every other wash. The cycle is super long because the machine heats the water to 180 degrees. They hold up great and there is definitely a difference in how they smell and how stain free they are on the sanitary washings versus just a regular cycle on hot or the temperature boost on my machine which is 150 degree water. I just feel better knowing they are as close to pure clean as I can get them.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote