Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
Punkin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help! Anyone know a doorknob safety cover that my DD can't snap in half to take off?

We have those doorknob covers - I THINK they are safety first, that come in two halves to instal and you just snap them together... then to turn the knob you push the buttons in to grip the knob below the cover .... but my DD just pushes on the halves enough to snap the darn things right off -- Anyone know of a kind that does not go on that way or that will not fall apart under pressure! =)

Advertisement

Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! Anyone know a doorknob safety cover that my DD can't snap in half to take

Knee high panty hose. Seriously. That's what they used before those plastic things. Just put the pantyhose over the door knob and tie it. The pantyhose with make the knob too slippery.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! Anyone know a doorknob safety cover that my DD can't snap in half to take

We just used packaging tape to tape the locks on the doorknobs. That way they can't pry it off.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
Punkin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manna00 View Post
Knee high panty hose. Seriously. That's what they used before those plastic things. Just put the pantyhose over the door knob and tie it. The pantyhose with make the knob too slippery.

But then how do YOU use the knob without untying the pantyhose?
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
doodah
Registered Users
seller

we have rubber door knob covers. they are one solid piece that you strech to fit over the knob. this is one of the few child proof items that my dd cannot figure out....yet! To open, you squezze and then turn, just like a child proof cap.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
lemon_parade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use baby socks with a hairband around them to keep her from pulling them off. Put the sock on, pull it all the way onto the knob, put the hairband twice around the knob and pull the sock end back towards you and over the hairband. I can still open them fine (ok, with a bit of thinking about it ) but she hasn't been able to yet.

lemon_parade is offline   Reply With Quote