View Poll Results: Preferred method to list items FS with pictures
List with actual pictures in post 120 86.96%
List with picture links to your photos in online album 15 10.87%
List w/album link 3 2.17%
Other (tell me about it!) 0 0%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
ishwishdish
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Preferred method of listing items FS?

Since some of my threads were deleted by accident (I know, "join the club" ) I was thinking about re-creating new ones but maybe using a different method. Which got me to thinking...everyone seems to use a different method but what is preferred? So I figured to do a poll, mostly out of curiosity and to procrastinate the inevitable.

Feel free to comment. Sorry if this has already been posted/discussed before. I'm too tired to try and figure out what to search for.

Also wondering, besides how to list w/pictures, is how to group items in listings. I don't want to bother posting another poll for this though. Would love any comments about whether you...

List one item per thread (My guess is mods don't love this method)
List random items all together in one thread
Group related items per thread

Advertisement

ishwishdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
Termie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Preferred method of listing items FS?

I'd do one post in the category they belong in. And I put similar items in the same pic. Or if I'm selling 3 fitteds, I'll put all 3 in one pic, but if it's more than 3 I do more than one pic in the thread.

If it's several types do one big listing in Diaper Lots (even if you have a few non diaper items (i think)) and then I believe you are allowed to put threads in the proper categories with a link to your Diaper Lots listing...
Old 12-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #3
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

When I post in the FSOT I combine EVERYTHING I can. That way, I don't have to manage 4 or 5 threads because each one has a different type of item.

I list all pockets together no matter what brand, if I have childrens stuff I put all clothing related items in one thread, etc.

I think for me it's convienince but when I started modding I realized how helpful it is to have ppl consolodate (keeps more mamas threads on the first page too, kwim?). We aren't like ebay here so no need for a thread for each outfit, each pair of shoes or toys, kwim? PLUS it is SO much easier to update the threads when you only have a couple over the whole FSOT.

I always just link to a direct image or put the image in the post itself. I personally hate thumbing through photo albums lol, too much time to try and find the image of what that person is selling! LOL

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:04 AM   #4
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I try to combine as much as possible too... It gets a little overwhelming just having one thread in several catagories. And I also prefer to see the pics right there in the thread... although, I personally haven't listed like that, I always link to the pic.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:08 AM   #5
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

I just had to pop in and say that I love your username!

"...one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish..."
Old 12-09-2006, 12:17 AM   #6
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:

I voted pics of items in thread. I think that is easiest for everyone except mamas with dial-up. They may prefer a desciption and then a link, that way if they read the post and decide they aren't interested, they don't have to wait for the pics to load. Anyhow, I also agree that consolidating posts is the best way to go as well.
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:26 AM   #7
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

pics in threads... or the link straight to a pic. I can NOT stand having to find an album, then thumb through it... especially when the mama didn't take the time to itemize the pictures. Sometimes, I don't know what diaper is what and if you're a new CDing mama... fugetaboutit... "confusion-starts-NOW." kwim?

I don't sell to often on here and since it's not alot, I posted in each forum for whatever the item was. I can see how it could get super confusing if you have alot to sell... but I'm with SAHMto2... I'd put all the same types of dipes in one post.

don't know if you know this.. but photobucket allows you to save pics at avatar, thumbnail size, etc. When I download to photobucket, I save it smaller so I can post directly into the thread with an image the proper size. I can also post side by side so the OP isn't ginormous because of, say 5 pictures, kwim?

Good luck when you have to finally get around to reposting!
Old 12-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #8
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like to see the picture in the thread and I like to see similar items listed together. I like to try to buy more than one item in order to save on shipping. As a dial up mama I just want to say I would rather wait for an image to load than have to open up another page and wait for their whole photo bucket to load. Just My .
Old 12-09-2006, 10:31 AM   #9
Luvinmy3weeones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I mostly don't take the time to click the links and the words are just words to me a lot of days... but when I scroll through a thread and see the pics, they're what sell to me! So obvioulsy I chose posting the pics directly in the thread!
Luvinmy3weeones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #10
ishwishdish
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Loving the feedback mamas, thanks!

I voted for pix in post so you don't know how happy I am to see that as the favorite. I sold on TBW for a while before DS and noticed as I came here that everyone seemed to do links to pix or album links. But I'm such a visual person!

I do worry about dial-up mamas but if the pix aren't too big it totally makes sense that it would be better to include them. Thanks for pointing that out Lisa!
ishwishdish is offline   Reply With Quote