Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2006, 02:08 PM   #11
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can I just vent my promlems in one thread?

I'm definitly not going to stop!

Advertisement

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #12
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

They gave me these in the hospital and it helped soooo much!! I think the gel soothies are similar?

http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...st_burn_pads_2

If you have to, you can use a nipple shield. Thats the only thing that would stop the pain for me, but we still have to use it 17 months later, she never weaned from the shield, but maybe as a last resort?
Christy - breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural living, homeschooling, homebirthing, stay at home mama to Lucy (9), Julia (7), Esther (4), Isaac (2), and Baby in Oct my blog about healthy living and mothering
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #13
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try Jack Newmans All Purpose Nipple Cream. Its on his website

It needs to be written by your doctor and made at a Pharmacy that does their own compounding. I used this stuff and in 2 days I swear I was healed!
Old 12-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #14
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

sorry you are having so much pain. i know you know it, but it will get better. and soon. one thing i thought of ~ the breast with the larger nipple, that one hurts more, right? it might just be the baby's mouth is not big enough yet. so what im thinking is she is not able to latch on that side well, doesn't get much milk, and there is the reason you are not making much milk in that one. as she grows it will get better. good for you for sticking to it!
Old 12-09-2006, 07:36 PM   #15
kkmoto
Registered Users
seller

I had a crack and could have written your post. Have you tried motrin, It made nursing somewhat survivable. Also hydro gel- in the bandaid section- I cut the sticky part off and placed it in my bra against the crack. Have you tried nipple shields for nursing? Those helped too.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:37 PM   #16
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama I know exactly what you are going thru.. it was awful just exactly like you are describing for me.. and I did not know nearly all you know when it happened.. I finally found lanolin cream.. and that helped alot.. it took me 2 full months before I could let the shower hit them and when the pain was not horrendous!!

Hang in there... you can do it.. and if you need to vent again.. come back here!!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:23 PM   #17
kkmoto
Registered Users
seller

one more thing that helped was puting the cream on the crack right before nursing.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:40 AM   #18
pixiepunk
Registered Users
seller

another thing that can help is to place a warm wash cloth on the breast and nipple prior to nursing - it aids in stimulating a letdown, so there isn't as much vigorous sucking before the milk comes.

hang in there! i had exactly the same situation with my first, and those few weeks felt like they lasted *forever*!!
pixiepunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #19
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so depressed. I cried and cried last night. Nursing is SO important to me...like I still regret that I wasn't informed enough to continue nursing my oldest through the pain. The bond I felt with my second DD was amazing and I can't stand not getting to do it again with Layla.

My breasts are both decreasing their milk supply. My left(with the bigger nipple) couldn't produce a drop for over 9 hours. It was completly soft...nothing My right was able to make 4oz a few days ago and I got 2 oz out now.It's not making enough to keep her full and I had to give her formula. She slept so good I felt awful because I hate to not be able to fill her up.

My mom told me to drink more...I don't think I'm drinking nearly enough. And to just let her nurse more. She is going to talk to some people at church today too and see what they say to do.

I'm just so confused. I had more than enough milk with my last baby. It would squirt her all over the face if she didn't latch on immediatly....now I have nothing. I am just so emotional over this...I feel like I'm failing again. I know it's not my fault but I still can't handle that I have no control over this. I'm so scared it's all gonna just dry up no matter what I do.

Dh has been feeling bad for me because of the pain and telling me to just formula feed but he didn't know I was crying last night and he finally saw me and just felt horrible for me. I know this is hard on him too.

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #20
tash
Registered Users

didnt read the other posts but...

nak
my LC tld me to sqish my breast so it was flat and then try to latch. its kinda like eating a sandwhich, you can get a bigger bite if you squish it. that might help with the latch on the one side. it helped me a lot with latch, and it was a good week before we got ok at that. now (10 months) shes a super latcher.